Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Where is the rain?

Postby Robertfm » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:54 pm

I am in the middle of a flight at the moment but will check and update. With the G5 are you saying it will go off altogether.
Robertfm

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean. The reflection increases when the instrument lights are on and also increases additionally when the G5 is installed and on.
D-ECHO

Postby Robertfm » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:51 pm

That's right but if the G5 is switched off then there is no FD.
Robertfm

Re: Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:03 pm

This is correct, I dont mean that you should switch it off
D-ECHO

Postby Robertfm » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 pm

The G5 light isn't control via the main dash board like rotary switch, so it either has to be off or on. As for the light even if the main lights are turned right down, so you can just see the radio stack the left and right hand reflection is still prominent.

I have also noticed since the penultimate update (rain) the plane is dropping again when disconnecting the autopilot. This hasn't happened for weeks.

Edit: I did this to alter it on the KAP140 would that have affected the X55 and it's now been overwritten:

'You can try to fine tune the filter by your self. This filters are in 'Systems/Autopilot/kap140-autopilot.xml'.
To slow down the reaction of the vertical control i set the max-rate-of-change to 50 in the ref-vertical filter (around line 553).
In the next filter (direct bellow) 'Vertical Speed (VS) Mode' i changed:
<Kp> to -0.0001
<Ti> to 10.0
<Td> to 0.0 '
Robertfm

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:34 am

Please discuss autopilot tune factors with WoodSTokk in the PA28 development thread. If you both agree on new factors, I can push them.
D-ECHO

Postby Thorsten » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:09 pm

I certainly didn't mean to offend.

Don't sweat it - we all understood

To be honest it's bloody awful.

as constructive, helpful feedback (*). If you wonder why you get the answers you do, look no further.

(*) In case it needs to be said, that was irony.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:27 pm

From anyone else I would believe it.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Honestly - did it at some point occur to you that calling someone else's work 'bloody awful' is not good manners - especially for something which you got for free from that person? I don't know where you come from, but any place I've ever lived in, that'd be really bad manners.

Maybe you should take a step back from feeling offended by how people react to you and ask yourself whether there is really any reason to treat others that way.

Just saying...
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Says the man who appears in numerous threads over the years insulting, undermining and being condescending. I have seen these when I have been looking up various older threads to help me understand the inner workings of the sim. The above is just one more example of this. As I have said on more than one occasion please do not answer any of my queries then I can't offend you.
Robertfm

Postby AndersG » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Robertfm: I'd think that's more of an impression that you get of a German communicating in (very good) English. It is also a person who has contributed a lot to FlightGear over the last 10 years or so.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby Robertfm » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:51 pm

I have no doubt that is the case. I merely judge on my own experience and historical posts.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:49 am

Says the man who appears in numerous threads over the years insulting, undermining and being condescending.

Even if that were true, I fail to see how it would excuse your behavior to someone else. I find it amazing how some people try to explain away their obvious steps over the line by whatever means - rather than simply admitting that their words were in fact badly chosen.

But I'm afraid there's no world I know in which it is okay that you take something which someone else has created for free and then complain to him how awful that all is. It never reflects well on you.

Having said that, your claim is one that comes over and over - and when asked to provide any evidence of an actual insult, none is ever produced. Because the alleged insults simply don't happen.

What happens is that you are offended by factual statements and observations which you do not like. For instance, the observation that reflections have to do with realism is just that - whereas you try to construct an insult from it. You will look in vain for name-calling or bad mouthing of you as a person or your work in any of my posts, because I don't engage in that kind of thing.

But for the fun of it - try to show us an actual example of where I have insulted you. :D
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:03 am

I guess it must be a language thing. What you have just written is clearly an insult on me. But as I say if you don't respond to threads I won't see it as you having a 'pop' will I.

Edit: An extract from a very long thread: Re: Mumble trolling
Postby PINTO » Tue May 03, 2016 12:17 am

Lol welcome to the forums.
Mention FGMembers (or something that upsets Thorsten/Hooray) and watch the thread ignite.

As for me, I've just decided

The only way this thread ends is when it gets locked haha. Just enjoy the melodrama.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: 2016.3.0
Last edited by Robertfm on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robertfm

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:08 am

I think as well this might be a language problem, as far as I have ever understood it, Thorsten never posts insults in any way. Also, everyone is free to "pop" into any thread they like, that's basically the idea of a forum.
D-ECHO

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics