Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

osgdb_nvtt.dll Could not find objects for animation

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

osgdb_nvtt.dll Could not find objects for animation

Postby Dobber3591 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:50 pm

I am running FlightGear version 2019.1.1 on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC.

The GPU is a NVIDIA Qusdro M1200 and the processor is an Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.7Ghz with 16 GB of Memory.

I am using a Windows Desktop shortcut to start FlightGear, which comes up in Aircraft Center and then I am launching FlightGear with the following settings:

C:
SET FG_ROOT=C:\FlightGear 2019.1.1\data

With the selected aircraft set as: Boeing B-52H Stratofortress (JSBSim) by Patrizio MELIS
This is the JWocky B-52H model a third party aircraft model.

Upon selecting Fly! the aircraft comes up and flies okay (The FDM is just generic one I think at this point in the B-52H development for FlightGear).

I get the following on the Windows Terminal screen

C:\Users\tv450a\Desktop>C:

C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2019.1.1>SET FG_ROOT=C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2019.1.1\data

0.00 [INFO]:general Created multi-app mutex, we are in writeable mode
0.01 [INFO]:general CrashRpt enabled
0.01 [INFO]:general FlightGear: Version 2019.1.1
0.01 [INFO]:general FlightGear: Build Type Release
0.01 [INFO]:general Built with Microsoft Visual C++ version 1900
0.01 [INFO]:general Jenkins number/ID 249:249
Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FLOTyre', 'FLITyre', 'FLHub', 'FLStrut'
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FROTyre', 'FRITyre', 'FRHub', 'FRStrut'
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RLOTyre', 'RLITyre', 'RLHub', 'RLStrut'
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RROTyre', 'RRITyre', 'RRHub', 'RRStrut'
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'LWTyre', 'LWStrutLower', 'LWStrutUpper'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RWTyre', 'RWStrutLower', 'RWStrutUpper'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FLOTyre', 'FLITyre', 'FLHub', 'FLStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FLOTyre', 'FLITyre', 'FLHub', 'FLStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RLOTyre', 'RLITyre', 'RLHub', 'RLStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RLOTyre', 'RLITyre', 'RLHub', 'RLStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FROTyre', 'FRITyre', 'FRHub', 'FRStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FROTyre', 'FRITyre', 'FRHub', 'FRStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RROTyre', 'RRITyre', 'RRHub', 'RRStrut'
7.52 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RROTyre', 'RRITyre', 'RRHub', 'RRStrut'
7.53 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'LWStrutUpper', 'LWStrutLower', 'LWTyre'
7.53 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'LWStrutUpper', 'LWStrutLower', 'LWTyre'
7.53 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RWStrutUpper', 'RWStrutLower', 'RWTyre'
7.53 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'RWStrutUpper', 'RWStrutLower', 'RWTyre'
7.73 [ALRT]:nasal Volcanic activity off.
18.08 [INFO]:OSG
18.08 [WARN]:OSG PNG lib warning : Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image

The problem is the landing gear struts, tires, and hubs never show up in the visuals. From an external view the aircraft is seeming to hover above the ground with the gear doors open when on the ground with the gear down.

This occurs at any airport or flight condition I set the simulation to. That is you never see the visual of the landing gear struts, wheels, or hubs.

I did find a version of osgdb_nvtt.dl on the internet and put it in the "C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2019.1.1\bin\osgPlugins-3.4.2" directory, but still get the same results.

Does any one know how to add the osgdb_nvtt.dll the correct way to FlightGear, or has anybody fixed this issue with the JWocky B-52H model?

Thanks, for any help.
Dobber3591

Re: osgdb_nvtt.dll Could not find objects for animation

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:01 pm

this is a problem in the craft... it may be trying to use items from another craft... searching out those objects it cannot find may tell you that...

osgdb_nvtt.dll is not the problem... it is only used to compress the graphics for storage in the DDS cache but the cache still works without it and will store uncompressed images...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby WoodSTokk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Try:
Code: Select all
SET FG_ROOT="C:\Program Files\FlightGear 2019.1.1\data"
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.3.0

Postby Alant » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:42 pm

You are more likely to get support for a 3rd party aircraft if you contact the author, or the web site where you found it. (was it http://www.thejabberwocky.net/ ?)

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: from Git

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Dobber3591 wrote in Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:50 pm:I am running FlightGear version 2019.1.1 on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC.

Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll
7.51 [ALRT]:io Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FLOTyre', 'FLITyre', 'FLHub', 'FLStrut'

The message "Now checking for plug-in osgPlugins-3.4.2/osgdb_nvtt.dll" is completely unrelated to the errors that follow which are all related to parts of the model that are missing.

As this model isn't from FGAddon (there is only a B-52F) I suggest that you mention these problems to the maintainer of the B-52H
Richard

Version: Git

Return to Graphics