Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Embraer E-jet Family - Cockpit Glass appears Black  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Embraer E-jet Family - Cockpit Glass appears Black

Postby ferrari 1123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Hello!

For some reason, every time I start up FlightGear 2019 1.1 with any of the aircraft within the Embraer E-jet family (170,175,190,195), the cockpit glass appears to be black and I cannot see out of the cockpit. Everything else works perfectly fine; sound, models, liveries, flight dynamics. I am aware that I am running a release candidate version of FlightGear but this issue still exists with previous versions. Is there any possible way for me to fix this issue?

https://imgur.com/xv8Oh18

https://imgur.com/1dMsNJL

Thank you very much!

(FlightGear 2019 1.1)
(macOS Mojave)
ferrari 1123

Re: Embraer E-jet Family - Cockpit Glass appears Black

Postby icecode » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 pm

You are using the Rembrandt renderer which requires special care when dealing with transparent surfaces (like the cockpit glass). I don't use Mac so I have no idea how to disable it on the Mac launcher, but try looking around for any option that talks about Rembrandt and disable it.
icecode

Version: next

Postby WoodSTokk » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 am

In the launcher, change to 'Settings'. The 5th section on this tab is called 'Rendering'.
Here you can change the 'Renderer'. Change it to 'Atmospheric Light Scattering'.

@Icecode GL
The launcher looks the same on all OSes (as far as i know).
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby icecode » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:07 pm

True that, for some reason I was still thinking about the old Mac launcher.
icecode

Version: next

Postby ferrari 1123 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 pm

WoodSTokk wrote in Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 am:In the launcher, change to 'Settings'. The 5th section on this tab is called 'Rendering'.
Here you can change the 'Renderer'. Change it to 'Atmospheric Light Scattering'.

Thank you Icecode and WoodSTokk for your replies, this worked!!
ferrari 1123

Return to Graphics