Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

help needed with panel in a browser  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

help needed with panel in a browser  

Postby StompingAround » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Good evening
I'm a bit of a newbie at this but have been trying to set up an instrument panel in a browser window. Running Ubuntu 18.04.
From a mix of previous posts, what I've discerned is that I need to set up a web panel file as:
/usr/share/games/flightgear/Aircraft/c172p/WebPanel/c172p-webpanel.html

which I've done, along with downloading a bunch of stuff from github for the WebPanel folder. At present it just gives a black bar across the top of the web page. This html file seems to be calling a few other javascript files, such as:
jquery.fganimate.js
fgfs.js

which the browser cannot find (comes up with Failed to load resource 404 messages in Console)??

The javascript files do seem to be located at /usr/share/games/flightgear/Phi/lib
but I'm not sure how to encode this location in my c172p-webpanel.html file - I've tried using relative paths ../ etc but I'm not sure what the directory of the "localhost" is.
StompingAround

Re: help needed with panel in a browser

Postby StompingAround » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am

Good evening
Sorry I can't find a way to delete my original post (admins please delete if you can). Anyway got the browser at least running without explicit errors. But still not seeing any instruments, just black rectangles in the browser - instrument panels seem to be there but with no height. Something to do with the bootstrap css or javascript files?
StompingAround

Re: help needed with panel in a browser

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:14 pm

you should be able to use the [x] button in the top right of your post to the left of your profile... or you can edit your post... the delete capability is in there at the top...

"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Graphics