Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Does -- prop Wildfire exists ? Need to kill that fire.  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Does -- prop Wildfire exists ? Need to kill that fire.

Postby Michat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Since I spawned at SVMI with no terrain below me, I get wildfire everywhere. Need to kill it before FG boot.

This fire doesn't allow me to take control over menu during start. Before that, this atomic fire take all the resources of the cpu. FG will never load and I had to execute an emer shutdown of this pentium celerom LApCrap pressing reset button .

I have manage once to switch off this prop via menu, at a little airport with a light aircraft. However, today it seems to be active again. Don't know if it is aircraft defined prop. It seems is not saved when I close FG.

Thank you and 29.92
Michat

Version: 191b

Re: Does -- prop Wildfire exists ? Need to kill that fire.

Postby AndersG » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 pm

Hmm.. that's the first time I've heard about this problem. I did not think cells would burn without finding an inflammable material with a geodinfo() query. No terrain should not?

Try adding --prop:/environment/wildfire/enabled=0 to your FG command line (or in the launcher, I suppose). The state of the enabled flag is (should be?) saved in the autosave file if you quit FG "properly".
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby wlbragg » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 am

Why is a fire starting at all, even if wildfire is set to on? You would either need the "Fire on crash" activated or something else to start it.
No terrain should not?

That's right, it shouldn't, I've never seen that before either.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby AndersG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 am

And even if it is started by the main aircraft crashing at once only one cell should burn initially.

Michat, have you experimented with saved fires (fire event logs)? I don't think those settings would be saved between sessions but I haven't touched the system in a very long time.
But, anyway, if you would load a fire event log on startup you could get a huge fire (in particular if it tries to evolve it for the whole time span from the log was created to the current time - there is an option to enable/disable that behaviour). OTOH, disabling wildfire with the --prop line above should prevent it from loading any fire event log on startup.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby Michat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 pm

This is the sequence.

1. Flying YAK-53 at KHAF with TS. No problem. (as far as I know this aircraft doesn't have crash fire)

2. Accept an invitation to test somebodies work on A-6B Gituber. (aircraft could contain crash fire)

3. Spawn at SVMI with TS failing terrain, waiting for so long, checked terminal wildfire cells active. 200%. PC Emer shoot down.

4. Start FG again with YAK-53 at KHAF. Problem Wildfire cell active problem 2500% CPU even worst because KHAF terrain exists. More load. PC Emer shoot down.

5. Spawn same YAK-53 at a little airport, getting less time loading FG. Very fast uncheck menu wildfire and save it by ESC + accept.

6. GOTO 4 It seems is not saved.

7. GOTO 5

8. Following AndersG recommendation --prop:/environment/wildfire/enabled=0 This causes no effect, FG starts with wildfire cells.

NOTATIONS

Initially It seems fire was declared when spawning with no terrain, however seems to be portable to other aircraft and places. I notice on terminal where (I have debug level=info) the wildfire cells procedure begins before terrain is finished. I mean looks like there is no priority.

This is an quick extract of the terminal info, just before PC Emer shoot down

Code: Select all
Wildfire: generation 380589235 updating 1120 / 23255 created cells. 1010 burning cells.
Wildfire: generation 380589236 updating 1102 / 23324 created cells. 1033 burning cells.
Loading tile 942025.stg
  Generating ocean tile: w130n30/w123n37/942025
Loading tile 942027.stg
Wildfire: generation 380589237 updating 1105 / 23402 created cells. 1027 burning cells.
Loading stg file Path "/home/michat/.fgfs/TerraSync/Objects/w130n30/w123n37/942027.stg"
Loading stg file Path "/home/michat/.fgfs/TerraSync/Terrain/w130n30/w123n37/942027.stg"
Wildfire: generation 380589238 updating 1110 / 23489 created cells. 1023 burning cells.
Wildfire: generation 380589239 updating 1142 / 23609 created cells. 1022 burning cells.
Wildfire: generation 380589240 updating 1128 / 23700 created cells.

Thank you.
Michat

Postby AndersG » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 pm

That's a lot of cells both created and active. That'd be a large fire.
If wildfire starts with this it (almost certainly) must be loading a fire event log.

Hmm.. looking in my autosave file I see there is a property /environment/wildfire/restore-on-startup that is being saved. I had forgotten about that feature....
If that property is true (check your autosave file if you know where to find it) it could explain the problems - though I would have hoped that setting enabled to false would have overpowered it.

Try also adding --prop:/environment/wildfire/restore-on-startup=0 to your FG command line.
You can as well add --prop:/environment/wildfire/save-on-exit=0 too.
AndersG

Postby Michat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 pm

It seem --prop:/environment/wildfire/restore-on-startup=0 does works.

In case, if wildfire is save it, I'll momentarily try this one --prop:/environment/wildfire/save-on-exit=0 too.

I'll search for the autosave file in case if the prop is saved on onfire state, that should be somewhere in GNU.

Very helpful, unedited properties, do you know if there are similar solutions to force the HUD properties? There is a switching fight among them. Maybe there is an unedited prop for that fight, that makes me crazy since 1996. Code ticket report.https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/codetickets/1805/

Thank you guys for your time.

Michat

Postby FlugHund » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

Should™ be:
/sim/hud/palette/color/antialiased=true|false
/sim/hud/palette/color[1]/antialiased=true|false
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:40 pm

0 == false
1 == true

for some properties, false/true works and 0/1 fails...
for some properties, 0/1 works and false/true fails...
a third group of properties recognizes both false/true and 0/1...
some also define the property type as boolean instead of leaving the type undefined...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby AndersG » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Michat wrote in Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:23 pm:It seem --prop:/environment/wildfire/restore-on-startup=0 does works.

I'll add that to the wiki page since it useful knowledge. I didn't even remember that I added such a dangerous option... :)
(And I see it is not part of the GUI dialog for Wildfire.)

If you have not enabled the option by yourself one of the aircraft you used must have done it. That's really not an acceptable thing for an aircraft to do.
AndersG

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 pm

FWIW: a quick scan of FGAddon craft turns up the following craft xml files (and the line number in the file) that contain "environment/wildfire"...

~/flightgear-dev/fgaddon-ng/Aircraft$ find . -type f -name *.xml -exec egrep -Hrn "environment/wildfire" {} \;

./F-8E-Crusader/Systems/electrical-fdm-custom.xml:22:                /environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash  == 0
./F-8E-Crusader/Systems/propulsion.xml:21:                /environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash == 0
./F-8E-Crusader/Systems/crash-sink-anim.xml:30:                /environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash == 1
./F-8E-Crusader/Systems/crash-sink-anim.xml:32:            <output>/environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash</output>
./SR71-BlackBird/Systems/electrical-fdm-custom.xml:21:                /environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash  == 0
./PBY-Catalina/Systems/on-water-control.xml:26:                <output>/environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash</output>
./PBY-Catalina/Systems/crash.xml:24:                    /environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash == 1
./PBY-Catalina/Systems/crash.xml:26:                <output>/environment/wildfire/fire-on-crash</output>

if a craft set that property, it isn't one of those in FGAddon... at least, not any of the current ones available as of a few days ago when i last updated everything...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Michat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm

AndersG
If you have not enabled the option by yourself one of the aircraft you used must have done it. That's really not an acceptable thing for an aircraft to do.

Right, and wildfire will born later on every other scenery with every aircraft, not just only with wildfire aircraft equipped, like those that wkitty42 comment.

@D-HUND, howdy and thanks for the HUD props, I'll try them asap, if we can finally get rid of the HUD properties fighting, and partially saved.

Michat

Postby AndersG » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Michat wrote in Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm:Right, and wildfire will born later on every other scenery with every aircraft, not just only with wildfire aircraft equipped, like those that wkitty42 comment.

Yes, the Wildfire module by itself is completely independent of the aircraft[*] and I really don't see why an aircraft needs to touch any of its settings.

[*] The only intersection points are the fire-on-crash option but it is simply a listener on the standard crashed property and that some particular aircraft (or vehicles) may want to signal water, foam or retardant drops on some locations.
AndersG

Postby stuart » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:57 pm

We should probably remove those from the aircraft then. I agree that they shouldn't be set in the aircraft themselves. I think the F8-E and PBY are "orphan" aircraft in fgaddon, so feel free to update them. Or I can do it when I get the chance.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby Michat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:05 pm

There are some special aircraft that can justify the use of the wildfire. I have in mind MI-6 Helicopter. It's a firefighter heli (water canyon) for FG where the pilot can generate fire just by clicking on the ground. We tried several times, this weak pc can support 1 or 2 cells at the same time, but no thousand. Perhaps Catalina hidro is under this category.

Another important point is about Terminal window, because I'm using GNU, I have the terminal. Users of Windos declare to have not such terminal opened since FG removed it years ago.

When this problem happened we were two pilots. Myself with TS terrain problem, and specific wild fire problem, and the other user on windous, initially only with the terrain problem. However without such terminal, we could not contrast critical info each other. This is critic, if we want to help each other.

Thanks you for you assistance.

29.92 but a lot of Gitubers.
Michat

Next

Return to Graphics