Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Does -- prop Wildfire exists ? Need to kill that fire.  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Does -- prop Wildfire exists ? Need to kill that fire.

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Michat wrote in Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:05 pm:Another important point is about Terminal window, because I'm using GNU, I have the terminal. Users of Windos declare to have not such terminal opened since FG removed it years ago.

this should be fixed in the newer versions of FG since sometime in 2017... definitely 2018.1.1 should be fixed and open a console window when it is asked to do so...

on the other hand, they should be able to have a console window like linux users do when starting the sim from the command line... if they look at their clicky icon thing's properties, they should easily find the command line it feeds to the sim... they can duplicate that command line and any possible directory changes indicated by the properties (run directory) in a .BAT file which they can then use... since the console window is already open, they should get console messages output there and can ALT-TAB back and forth between the console and the sim...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Richard » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:30 pm:on the other hand, they should be able to have a console window like linux users do when starting the sim from the command line

Since I fixed the windows console in October 2016 (2016.4?) it will use the currently open console exactly like it does in unix for Windows; you can also request that it opens a separate console by using --console, and you can redirect the output.
Richard

Version: Git

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 pm

yup! i don't understand why folks are still having problems with this... no one should be running any 2016.x.x versions or earlier any more...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Michat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 pm

Will be good if we get back the console. I notice in years, as windous continues releasing new versions, that general users don't know how to open the console, as windows continually hide it, more and more. Talking about to execute fg via terminal, 99'9% of the FG users on windous don't know what the terminal is, less more how to CD in the file structure.
I heard about DOS like the best OS of microsofttt. (because can pretty well execute precompiled binaries ( programs)). :roll:

About why still there is a a big group of users flying old version of FG, I asked it to many users. Why?

The answer is because is running better that post releases.

Some declaring 2.6 better than 2.8. (2.6 was the burner of my 500$ GPU)

Some declaring 3.0 3.2 better that newer. I'll say 3.2.

Can't find an specific reason. Just a common thing, they live in areas where internet is laggy, so when they found a good suitable solution, they stay on it, as they have limited internet download speed, they don't use to update. They use to download terrain squares by mobil to fly offline during months. Lome some hobos are the best pilots when they come MP.
Another factor I'm thinking is the shader thing, maybe FG is not running equally okay among versions, because the shader relationship with the GPU drivers. I'm thinking on OEM laptop users, without drivers updates for. Legacy users that as general ones even don't know how to update drivers.

I thought FG in low spec should be okay over releases. Their answer is not, but referring to several releases, everyone have it's own. 2.6ers or 3.2ers. Still I have no clue.

I went lost with FG nomenclature change years ago. And the policy to change KSFO from default is causing a lot of problems, when we try to assist TS users (no terrain because is inactive by default, which is okay for the case exposed, but sometimes can fail) first we have to know what is the FG version and where the version airport resides.
Versions and airports, nobody of 10 could answer me. Need to know FG release name, airport name (in good spelling nizhneudinsk) and then search for the ICAO. After that activate/desactivate automatic download terrain, and respawn, 20min investigation.
The intimidating black screen will help a lot. But have to say that most important problem we get with this change is not technical, but practical. We have lost the MP arena, it seems, neither Barcelona, Prague Or Oahu will solve the lack of MP arena action and new entries. I think we are loosing gold. My feeling, but many people still connect there in old and new FG versions, many asking why somebody have kill the arena. It was good for newbies, for assistance, for carriers, for veterans Notice that in last 2 years of MP we stop growing (pilot lists mp map). I'll say that has direct relation with the change. KSFO where all wiki reference info is based on, is no more the place where meet, learn, help and grow. This is not politic (control of power) so don't kill me, is based on real experience. It was a mistake. If there was a solution for whatever it was shared quickly 24 h a day in SanFran. Now user have different chance.

Go nizhneudinsk the BER of Siberia.

That's life.

29.92 more than Gitubers, it's plenty of FaceXbox
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:34 am

Michat wrote in Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:57 pm:Will be good if we get back the console.

FWIW: the console via the --console command line option has been back for at least a year... depending on how you count, maybe two years...

folks running older versions and complaining need to upgrade... older versions are certainly not supported any more... especially any of the single digit main versions...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Thorsten » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm

And the policy to change KSFO from default is causing a lot of problems, when we try to assist TS users (no terrain because is inactive by default, which is okay for the case exposed, but sometimes can fail) first we have to know what is the FG version and where the version airport resides.

Actually you always get the scenery chunk of the default airport with the release and don't need TS to see anything - and that isn't different from how it used to be when KSFO scenery was included with the release.

The case of new scenery only happens when you change from the default airport to a different airport and have no scenery installed and have no TS active - and that's the same problem independent of the default airport.

So what you say is just not true.

Another factor I'm thinking is the shader thing, maybe FG is not running equally okay among versions, because the shader relationship with the GPU drivers.

Actually the GLSL version required by FG shaders is really unassuming, so in many cases the old and stable drivers run better than the latest and greatest.

We have lost the MP arena, it seems, neither Barcelona, Prague Or Oahu will solve the lack of MP arena action and new entries.

You mean the MP area several dozen people told me they hate so much because it's a hellish chaos with nobody following ATC? The MP area everyone was concerned would move to Barcelona because Barcelona was considered a 'good' airport free of 'clueless pilots' which would suddenly show up there? The MP area everyone recommended to avoid because you can't do anything there?

You must be the only person who ever liked it there...
Thorsten

Postby Michat » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Actually you always get the scenery chunk of the default airport with the release and don't need TS to see anything - and that isn't different from how it used to be when KSFO scenery was included with the release.

The case of new scenery only happens when you change from the default airport to a different airport and have no scenery installed and have no TS active - and that's the same problem independent of the default airport.

So what you say is just not true.

Is true that is causing problems, even it is the chunk for the default scenery, the problem resides in the time we have to expend findind out what is the ICAO and the name for the default airport, looks easy but is not, release info is available over FGmenu but no the Version Airport Codename. We should to find it outskirts.

When TS failed out there, whe need to go, everyone to the particular default. Desactivate automatic Download terrain, close FG. Respawn again on default airo, activate terrain, close FG (save it), and then spwan again in that particular terrain and try again. Tediuous practical procedure. Is so true that we suffered it. Via voice, imaging via chat. So now is harder with previous thing added.

You mean the MP area several dozen people told me they hate so much because it's a hellish chaos with nobody following ATC? The MP area everyone was concerned would move to Barcelona because Barcelona was considered a 'good' airport free of 'clueless pilots' which would suddenly show up there? The MP area everyone recommended to avoid because you can't do anything there?

You must be the only person who ever liked it there...

I understand that there is certain chaos, so people could avoid MP for that. If they want to follow ATC by example, why is the reason to move MP bee hive over a cool airport like Barcelona, Prague, Oahu?. Are somebody exporting hornets to their favourite airports ?. However does not happen, because hornets don't fly long distance. In my opinion we loose number of bees for that reason. I don't see any in prague buzzing. They took other rout. Buzzing at EDDF. Where Jommo's shoot them down. In MP they want to do all if they can.

We should to understand that MP especially KSFO chunk with a lot of airos, from skill level 1 to 10, where all documentation are based on, mpmapdefault, It gives more action to the MP action than others. It is and adaptative area to help, share, and progress. I mean adaptative, cause we all should understand, how pedagocic is FG. Think Minecraft, hyperactive youngs, not all, been rescued, by entering in a simulator that is more than pokemon world. I've seen lot of those, getting calm, at time.
Want to leave them before previous adaptation at EDDF is a catastrofe. Initially for them, then for Jommo, who shoot quicksilver. But not only Minecrafters, we have also very young and well prepared people that don't meer crying because somebodies at Main has shoot DDT in a faulty manner.

In general a good place to take a one hour daily flight for active MP pilots,a good transition area let say. Furthermore good place for bees production. The most important thing we have to educate. How ? by interactive knowledge sharing.
And motivation, newbies in the area whiles i.e Daves Culp, airliner pilot is spawning with some of his model's hangar. Many, many things, happens at SanFran. Do I told you guys that only 2 person took the entire control of KSFO once in the history. Don't want to lost pilots among, releases default airos, and loosing more bees. Since that change we have lost a complete generation if not two.
New generation is essential as they are highly motivated by action, they know well how to tube, social networking, etc I'll not undervalue these generations.

Even if I were the only, still I should say it. I know this is not the first time we talk about it. This has been a declaration of the collateral damage I think this decision causes to the MP, our entry portal.

29.92 for you.
Michat

Version: 191b

Previous

Return to Graphics