Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

F-16 cockpit black polygon on left side

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

F-16 cockpit black polygon on left side

Postby DavidBarishev » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Hey everyone,
I quite new to using flightgear, and after experimenting with the f-16 model, and i encountered some problems.
- I have a black polygon all over the mid-left range of the cockpit and can't see the controls there.
image :
- Can't interact the buttons on the left and the right side of the seat (Not sure if bug, maybe just incomplete cockpit ?)

What is causing this ?
Running flightgear 2017.3.1, windows 10 x64, gtx 970
When testing the boing 777 i didn't encounter any problem like this.

Thanks,
David.
DavidBarishev

Re: F-16 cockpit black polygon on left side

Postby Necolatis » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 pm

It has to do with the variants, which is decided by the livery.

We have started working on updating the F16, it should be fixed if you download the f16 from here: https://github.com/NikolaiVChr/f16
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Return to Graphics