Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Rembrandt causing mouse issues on 3 screens

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Rembrandt causing mouse issues on 3 screens

Postby Allan.Kidd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 am

I have a MSI Radeon RX580 with 8GB. I have found I need to cycle-gui to get around the flickering menu text (thanks to Parnikkapore).

I am using 3 screens with the XML found at https://fossies.org/linux/flightgear/do ... ultiscreen.

I have found that planes loaded with Rembrandt have issues when using the mouse with the aircraft buttons and sliders on the console - namely the controls cannot be toggled / moved etc.

While I am happy to not use Rembrandt (it does make the startup screen unreadably psychedelic) I was wondering is there any solution to this?
Allan.Kidd

Re: Rembrandt causing mouse issues on 3 screens

Postby Hooray » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm

As far as I remember, Richard recently modified the built-in PUI style/font, which may have fixed the problem.
For details, I suggest to refer to the mailing list.

Speaking in general, Rembrandt hasn't been actively maintained over the last couple of years - basically, it stopped being maintained shortly after it got committed, because its primary developer (FredB) is not currently involved in FlightGear matters. Thus, when it comes to Rembrandt and its surrounding effects/shaders, your best bet is indeed the FlightGear developers mailing list - every once in a while you may stumble across someone familiar with Rembrandt internals, with a little time to help with Rembrandt related issues. However, over the course of the last couple of years, Rembrandt has been considered to be a "dead-end" by many around here (and on the devel list), despite many core developers originally hoping to make it the default mode and get rid of the standard renderer - in the meantime, most of the advanced weather and ALS work has taken place, and is actively maintained (and extensively documented on the wiki).
More recently, some of us have been looking at ways to re-implement Rembrandt-like functionality in a better accessible fashion using concepts borrowed from Zan's original newcameras work and lessons learnt from how the Canvas system works.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Graphics