Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

MSI Radeon RX580 with 8GB

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

MSI Radeon RX580 with 8GB

Postby Allan.Kidd » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:14 am

I have been using FGFS on an AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphic card - slow for multiple screens but works well otherwise. The operating system is Windows 10 X64 with 16GB of memory.

I have three monitors - one with HDMI and the others with DVI connectors.

I have just tried installing the MSI Radeon RX580 card with 8GB of memory. The three monitors above are on the one card. I have put an adapter on one of the DVI monitors to convert it to DisplayPort.

When I start any aircraft, the menu bar is completely greyed out.

Any suggestions would be great.

I have other issues when using 3 screens but I want to solve this issue first - it may be a clue I can follow for my multiple monitor issue.
Allan.Kidd

Re: MSI Radeon RX580 with 8GB

Postby Allan.Kidd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 am

I have found that by moving the view up/down the text becomes visible. The text in the Autopilot Route Manager also comes and goes as does text in the GPS. It seems that looking directly up or directly down Menu and other text items are visible. Looking straight ahead or partly up or partly down, text comes and goes.

Suggestions are welcome.
Allan.Kidd

Postby Parnikkapore » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 am

If you can, click Debug > cycle-gui on the menubar. This will change to the legacy menu which should work better with AMD cards.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby Allan.Kidd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 am

Fantastic - thank you!
Allan.Kidd

Postby Allan.Kidd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 pm

I find that the default plane Cessna 172P is the only one I have tried that does not have this issue. Can anyone suggest what the difference is or why this might be so?
Allan.Kidd

Return to Graphics