Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

HDMI display glitch  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

HDMI display glitch

Postby dilbert » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:34 pm

2017.1.3 Windows 10, AMD-8

Laptop was connected to TV using HDMI.
Laptop screen displayed normally on TV
When ran FlightGear, Start menu displayed normally on TV
However, when clicked on "run", program failed to display on TV; even though it continued to display normally on laptop.

Application was not minimized on laptop; however, for some strange reason, TV display showed it was minimized.

Don't recall this happening when last tried using HDMI with a previous version of FlightGear. :(

Will try again after updating laptop to 2017.2.1
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Re: HDMI display glitch

Postby Thorsten » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:18 pm

This is almost certainly a graphics driver rather than an application software thing.
Thorsten

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:53 pm

I'm running Flightgear 2017.2.1 and have run all the previous versions including 2017.1.3 and I haven't come across this issue. My set up is Toshiba Satelite L50 B 21F with 6Gb RAM, Quad core processor, AMD R7-M260 2Gb GPU, run to my veiwsonic 23" 1080p full HD monitor via a HDMI lead. I could suggest that you try telling the laptop to project to the TV screen only and shut down the laptop screen. Also try going through all the resolutions on your display settings as you'll find laptop screens are NOT 1080 x 1920 resolution! My laptop screen is 1024x 768, this took some fiddling with to get it to run on my 1080p monitor! If you have a seperate AMD card (not integrated) like me you might have to "tell" your settings on the card software to change to 1080 x 1920 as well. Hope this helps?
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby wlbragg » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:32 pm

I run on a 57" Vizio and HDMI with either my desktop or laptop. The desktop uses a 75 HDMI cable while the laptop is right next to the TV. Both work fine except for the occasional loss of connection.
What I did find out, is that a cable is not necessarily a cable and they can be very finicky. I ended up purchasing several different cables until I got one that worked while trying to get a Android streaming device to work over HDMI.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby dilbert » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:59 am

Good suggestions. Will fiddle with it when I get time. Thanks and Best Regards.

P.S. Seems very odd, though, that the desktop and the summary screen of FlightGear displayed on the TV perfectly;
whereas the FlightGear token showed minimized at the tool bar only on the TV, and only after I had initiated "run".
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Return to Graphics