Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

White boxes in stead of text boxes.

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

White boxes in stead of text boxes.

Postby Shaymo » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 pm

l am using a Windows 7 dell optiplex 360. I am using the intel G33/G31 Express chip-set family And where pop up menus are not generating instead all l get is a white box

l would give out the image but l do not know how
Shaymo

Callsign: shaymo

Re: White boxes in stead of text boxes.

Postby Johan G » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Hello and Welcome to the forum! :D

I think the About dialog contains some additional data on the graphics card and what version of OpenGL it can handle. If so could you please post a screenshot?*

The worst scenario case is that your graphics can not handle OpenGL well enough.

* See the topic FAQ: Screenshots for how.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Shaymo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm

i would send a screenshot but id have to do it thew something different. i just don know how to send pictures thew forms
Shaymo

Callsign: shaymo

Postby Johan G » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Johan G wrote in Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:04 pm:See the topic FAQ: Screenshots for how.
;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby zakalawe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm

This is usually caused by missing or incompatible OpenGL drivers on Windows, for example I see it when using Microsoft Remote-Desktop (RDP) to view FlightGear. There was also an OpenSceneGraph bug causing the same issue but this was fixed already, if you're using 2016.4.1 you have the fix.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Return to Graphics