Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

world turns grey

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

world turns grey

Postby ErikGroen » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:45 pm

everytime after i takeoff the ground turns grey and i cant see the runway or any building ground is grey to please help
ErikGroen

Re: world turns grey

Postby erik » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:21 pm

Is this with all aircraft or some particular one? And with a recent (development) version of FlightGear or one of the official releases?

There was work on the black-out/red-out mechanism fairly recently and maybe one aircraft behaves badly?

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:02 am

i'm also wondering what airport the OP is flying out from... if they have real weather fetch turned on and the weather is ummm c4rp there, well... it should be pretty realistic for the most part ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wlbragg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:40 am

It also might help to see a screen capture of what your seeing. There are a few things I can think of that this could be, but we need more information about your system, FlightGear version and the visual of the grey.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby ErikGroen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm

it is with every plane and the airport is schiphol (EHAM) just started playing again the version is the official one
ErikGroen

Postby ErikGroen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:31 pm

o it is fixed now after a night sleeping thanks for the help tho ;)
ErikGroen

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:27 pm

ErikGroen wrote in Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:25 pm:the version is the official one

which official one? flightgear now has new releases every three months with additional point releases for bug fixes if needed... 2015.4.1 and 2016.4.2 have been released in the last weeks with 2016.4.3 just about ready to hit the streets... so, yeah... which official release? ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Graphics