Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

FG keeps crashing?

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

FG keeps crashing?

Postby n499dy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:14 pm

It seems at different times FG crashes. like I've tried done a few airline flights but can never actually finish them, it seems to crash usually while i'm climbing to cruse altitude. FG downloaded the scenery for one area of Europe. so one time I took off at one airport, started making a 180dg turn and it crashed. I'd believe it has to do with the graphics but i"m not sure. Any thoughts?
n499dy

Re: FG keeps crashing?

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:19 pm

see that pink box at the top of the page? if you can provide the answers to those items, there's a chance that someone might be able to offer some sort of assistance ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby n499dy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:07 am

I have Windows 8. with a AMD A8 processer, AMD Radeon R5 graphics card at 2.00ghz. RAM is 8.00. I have FG version 2016.2, 2.1
n499dy

Postby n499dy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:00 am

Hello? Anyone?
n499dy

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:57 am

Does it happen with different planes and at different locations? I've spent quite a time with FG, but crashes seem to be very rare, so it's difficult to guess a possible solution.
Fritz

Version: 2018.3.6

Postby Thorsten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello? Anyone?

Look, we're not clairvoyant. Deducing the cause of a crash usually needs lots of information - which is why the pink box asks for a lot of things, including systematics. Still that may only be a start. We don't ask that information because we're mean, but because it's usually the absolute minimum to get started. That you answered a part of the questions is nice, but not enough to work with.
Thorsten

Postby Hooray » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:07 pm

a good start might be coming up with a handful of steps to easily reproduce the problem, e.g. by using a certain flight plan (route manager), fgtape or pre-recorded flight.
Next, you could provide your fgfs.log file

You can refer to the wiki to learn more about these things
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby n499dy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:52 am

n499dy

Return to Graphics