Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

All text and some instruments fuzzy?

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

All text and some instruments fuzzy?

Postby Octal450 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:17 am

Brand new GTX960 arrived at my house. Installed into my PC, and reinstalled Windows.
FGFS worked fine. Then randomly, ALL FGFS text now appears like this, and some instruments are blurred. Any plane, any airport, any settings.

I have tried to reinstall FGFS with no luck.

Turing Rembrandt on or off, ALS on or off, has no effect.

FG is almost unusable.

HELP!

Note; I have tested the GPU it works fine, in other programs/simulators/everywhere else.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Re: All text and some instruments fuzzy?

Postby Johan G » Fri May 06, 2016 9:58 am

What first comes to my mind is any anti-aliasing settings in the GPU driver. It may or may not be possible to set them per program and if so turn GPU driver anti-aliasing off when using FlightGear. There is some settings on the FlightGear side instead that I think will use the GPU for anti-aliasing settings. I think they can be found in the "/sim/rendering" property subtree. They might be settable using the Qt panel (I am still running FlightGear 3.0, so I have yet to use it).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby hamzaalloush » Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 am

Maybe you have FXAA override in Nvidia global settings, it is a kind of post process anti alias and will make text blurry.

Go into Nvidia control panel and turn it off for fgfs.exe
hamzaalloush

Postby jaxsin » Sat May 07, 2016 11:11 am

You should certainly listen to the above advice, I had this issue as well. FXAA is what you are looking for if I remember correctly as well in the nvidia control panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings
jaxsin

Postby hamzaalloush » Mon May 09, 2016 11:46 am

So have you solved your problem yet, or have you got accustomed with the blurry text from your brand new GTX 960
hamzaalloush

Postby Octal450 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Well, it turns out my install of Windows was Dodgy. Later on, FG crashed as soon as loading in, and I never fixed it. Reinstalling Windows was the solution to both this, and my crashing problem.

It is much better to put FGFS in C:\FlightGear not in Program Files.

Sorry it took so long to post. Been busy with school and so on.

Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Return to Graphics