Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Can't see AI-aircraft

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Can't see AI-aircraft

Postby chek » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello,
I found a strange behavior, please, someone explain this.

I wanna play as ATC, and turn on several scenarios at runtime.
So, I created 2 for beginning, start FG without chosing any in FGRun and try to turn on them with menu: AI-Traffic and Scenarios.
It looks like scenario starts to play, because lat, lon, alt, etc are changing in /ai/models/aircraft[*] but I cannot see an aircraft.

What I've found out:
1. If I move myself near and then return - I can see an aircraft moving just as it should. If then I turn it off - I never can see them again.
2. If I turn on Rembrant - I can see only one of them without moving anywhere, and I can turn it off/on infinitely.
3. The same behavior, if I choose both scenarious in FGRun.

I've tried this on a different hardware, different OSes, clean OS install, clean FG install, FG 3.2, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, from git, release, nighty builds.

Can someone explain:
1. For what purpose these menu items in AI-Traffic and Scenarios
2. Why Rembrandt looks really awful?
3. How can I achieve my goals?
chek

Version: 2016.1.1

Re: Can't see AI-aircraft

Postby clrCoda » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Have you tried going into the MENU>VIEW>ADJUST LOD menu and change the value for AI/Models from the default 30 to 0?

In 3.6 the default is 10000 meters but you can switch to pixels and enter 0 and test.

--Ray
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Re: Can't see AI-aircraft

Postby chek » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 am

Thank you, changing AI/Models to 0 helped!
chek

Version: 2016.1.1

Return to Graphics