Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Stereoscopic problem - cockpit out of line, but scenery fine

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Stereoscopic problem - cockpit out of line, but scenery fine

Postby bushpilot777 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Hello I'm new here. Enjoying FlightGear very much! Thanks to all those who have put so much work into it!

But I messed something up! :-) Here's my problem. I have been using the horizontal split stereoscopic view for my DIY VR headset (something similar to Google Cardboard). I'm streaming the laptop screen to my Android phone inside the VR headset. It was working great! I could see the cockpit and the world outside in full 3D. But then I was trying out headtracking using CameraMouse 2014, and at one point I got my mouse pointer spinning around kind of crazy, and ever after that my stereoscopic view from inside the cockpit is off - the two sides of the screen are not being shown from the proper perspective. But the strange thing is that everything outside the plane is still fine - it's all still in perfect 3D. And when I switch to chase view the outside of my plane is fine, as is the rest of the world around it. I can see it all in 3D just fine. The only place the problem shows up is in the cockpit. I tried resetting everything I could find back it's factory default, and I tried playing with the stereoscopic settings under the view menu, but it didn't help any.

It was working fine, so something just got messed up. But I can't figure out what to do to fix it. Any ideas!

(By the way, the program I use for streaming the video to my headset is just like a remote desktop or VNC program. It captures the screen and sends it over the LAN to my headset. So it does not have any interaction with the internal working of FlightGear, or none that I know of anyway. So that should not have anything to do with the problem. The problem is still there regardless of whether I have that program running or not. And CameraMouse is just a mouse emulator, and I have not been running it since that happened. So I don't think that has anything to do with the problem either.)

Here is my system info:

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
Win Vista x64 Home Premium

- what FlightGear version do you use?

- what graphics card do you have?
Nvidia GeForce9600M GS 1GB

- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
Yes

- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
Nothing that appears to be about my issue

- copy&paste your commandline
C:\Program Files\FlightGear\bin\Win32\fgfs.exe
--fg-root=C:\Program Files\FlightGear\data
--fg-scenery=C:\Program Files\FlightGear\data\Scenery;C:\Program Files\FlightGear\scenery;C:\Program Files\FlightGear\terrasync
--airport=2CL1[img][img][/img][/img]
--aircraft=Cub
--control=joystick
--enable-random-objects
--enable-horizon-effect
--enable-ai-models
--disable-ai-traffic
--disable-real-weather-fetch
--enable-clouds3d
--geometry=1280x800
--bpp=32
--timeofday=noon
--ai-scenario=ICE3_demo

- please upload a screenshot of the problem.
I took a screenshot but don't know how to upload it here.
Last edited by bushpilot777 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bushpilot777

Re: Stereoscopic problem - cockpit out of line, but scenery

Postby MountainFlyerN22 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:05 am

How to upload images can be found here.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8873
MountainFlyerN22

Callsign: N22
Version: 3.0.0

Return to Graphics