Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Problems with scenary

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Problems with scenary

Postby Prometeo 2013 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:49 am

I see in tawn regions a black texture that is lka flay, and in Canary Islands , the island of fuerteventura and Lanzarote are under watter of the sea. thanks and sorry for my english
Last edited by Prometeo 2013 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prometeo 2013

Callsign: Prometeo2013

Re: Problems

Postby Saga » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi and welcome!

It'll be more easier to see what're speaking about with a screenshot. :)
Please follow the instruction in the red box at the top of this page and can you change this topic title?

Thanks and have a nice day!
Host and maintainer of fgcom.flightgear.org.
Saga

Callsign: F-G0z
Version: Git next

Re: Problems with scenary

Postby Prometeo 2013 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi all, sorry for that(first post and only problems), I have a toshiba satellite windows 8 and geforce video card, but the problem begin when 2 days after install and start the game, (great game , very good work, I remenber when I first tried the game ..the versión was 0.9 perhaps), all was working well (terrasync working great), and then I go to Lanzarote Airport and only the sea and the sky....well from that point no more terrasyncc and a lot of sea, well I reinstall two times and no way ...then I think well terrasync out the only posibilitty were to download the complete scenary and install it, well that is Im doing know. well perhaps this knight Ican fly again.
(I red a lot of forum searching a solution but a lot of ime lost)
thank you and 32 minutes to end 12 GB...jeje
Prometeo 2013

Postby Prometeo 2013 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi all terrasync continue without working but manually I can download scenary and is working...I have a new problem.. In the firs menu of flightgear that you can read " exit" the menu download scenary is empty...no buttons nothing to read only a window. ..I dont know what is happen.. well Im happy with the possibility of fly again..jeje..but not all is working well. Thanks for your work.
Prometeo 2013

Postby f-ojac » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Your problem is mostly scenery and Terrasync configuration related, and not strictly speaking graphics related.
GCRR is working very well here, with 3.0 and Terrasync enabled:
So this most probably means that your Terrasync configuration is not fine.
Note that:
- there is no need to reinstall FG plenty of times; this most probably won't help you in any way.
- the scenery in Terrasync is not the same quality as the terrain that you can download from the FG website.
So your problem is to make your Terrasync installation work. And this also explain why the "download scenery" part in FG is not working.
Last edited by f-ojac on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
If you want to support my Terrasync server, hosted on a private server, you can donate here: http://ns334561.ip-5-196-65.eu/WS2.0/WS ... 2.0.1.html
f-ojac

Version: GIT

Postby Prometeo 2013 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Thx for the answer
Prometeo 2013

Return to Graphics