Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

I've forgotten how to use the 1070 gtx.

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

I've forgotten how to use the 1070 gtx.

Postby gray1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:16 pm

Hi folks,
When setting up to fly, I used to have an option as to which graphics to use. I always use the GTX 1070. But you can use the intel gpu. I've simply forgotten how to find this option so I can choose like I used to.

Thank you.
GRAY.
gray1

Re: I've forgotten how to use the 1070 gtx.

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:28 pm

what OS are you using? we cannot see over your shoulder from here ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby gray1 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:36 pm

Hi wkitty42, I'm using Windows 10.
I cannot find where the 3D Nvidia control panel is. I used to use this but now I cannot find it on the Nvidia content page. Really odd !!
Thanks for your reply.
GRAY.
gray1

Postby jtprophet » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:48 pm

Usually both the Nvidia control panel as well as the Geforce experiecnce app reside in your system tray in the bottom right hand corner to the left of the time; you may need to click on the "^" to pull up the toolbar; but if isnt there then just do a search from the start menu "nvidia control..." it should populate and then you should be able to select it from there. Check your "startup apps" it should be in there too when you have restart the box.
jtprophet

Callsign: DAL1464

Postby Parnikkapore » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:47 pm

Some newer Windows versions deprecated the Nvidia control panel option - there should be a graphics card preferences area somewhere in the main Settings app in this case.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Return to Graphics