Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Help me please with auto start  Topic is solved

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Help me please with auto start  

Postby Flight gear user » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:17 am

I’ve started playing flight gear on Mac but the top menu bar that are in other people videos isn’t there and when trying to press things like f10 Does not work. I’m trying to auto start the Cessna. I’ve already checked to see if I’ve downloaded the right version but I have. I’ve gone as far as to re-download the thing 3 times now but with no luck. If any one knows a key bind or what I’ve do please reply.
Much appreciated
Flight gear user

Re: Help me please with auto start

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:21 am

the F10 key should toggle the in-sim top menu bar... perhaps you need to use the Fn key with the F10 on your mac? idk... this is a pure eWAG on my part... hopefully someone else with a mac will jump in with more information...

FWIW: reinstalling generally does not fix problems like this... in many cases, it won't even fix bad/wrong settings that got saved and left behind during uninstall, if uninstalling is even attempted vs reinstalling over the top of an existing installation...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Flight gear user » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 am

Thank you for replying quickly. I’m new and love the community already. As I was writing this I realised that the top bar of the Mac has all of it and that’s why there’s no menu or control for f10. But thanks for the help and replying so quickly
Flight gear user

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Flight gear user wrote in Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 am:As I was writing this I realised that the top bar of the Mac has all of it and that’s why there’s no menu or control for f10.

now that you mention it, yeah... i've read several times where james has mentioned this... it just never stuck that F10 would not be needed...

Flight gear user wrote in Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:08 am:But thanks for the help and replying so quickly

you're quite welcome!
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Interfacing