Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Capture Video Doesn't work

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Re: Capture Video Doesn't work

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:00 am

oh, ok... i thought you had an existing and formerly working command line... that was what i was wanting to see...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby dersh » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Yes, the command line at the beginning of this thread used to work. But, it was a couple of years ago, so different versions of FG and ffmpeg. I'm not sure what changed, but your version does now work.
Although, it does make me about the easiest way to capture the data. Perhaps, as suggested earlier, just a screen capture (OBS etc) is a better way to go. I had assumed that since FG is doing the rendering anyway that having it save the frames as well would be best. But, it doesn't seem like that?
dersh

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:48 pm

ahhh, ok... i might go back and try those command lines then... i might have started with them but i don't remember as i tried several tens of command lines before i finally got something working...

yes! absolutely screen or window capture of FG with OBS is the better way... i've never messed with capturing stuff with ffmpeg until this topic... i have streamed a couple of hundred hours of FG via OBS, though... the OBS way is much much much better... certainly better than FG generating each frame in lossy JPG format and transmitting it while also doing all the other work it already has to do... when i watch my OBS 2K videos, i cannot tell the difference between them and live FG in 2K...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to Interfacing