Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Vertical fgpanel

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Vertical fgpanel

Postby dhudach » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:23 am

I am working on fgpanel. I want to flip one of the monitors 90 degrees so that the monitor is vertically positioned. Therefore the instruments on the panel need to be rotated 90 degrees. When I was experimenting with webpanel I could do that easily in the css code and the instrument behavior wasn't impacted. However, I cannot find an instrument xml setting that will allow me to rotate the entire instrument on the panel. I looked at fgpanel source code and nothing jumped out. The only setting that seemed to make sense was flip-x however it didn't do anything. Is it possible to rotate an instrument on the panel in fgpanel? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave
dhudach

Re: Vertical fgpanel

Postby dhudach » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:14 pm

As to the vertical panel .... I decided to try to resolve this by modifying the instrument xml files. I'm working on three instruments: Airspeed, Turn Coordinator, ADF as well as the engine instruments (cyl head temp, oil pressure, fuel, oil temp, amps). After messing with them, and doing a bit of reverse engineering, I got them all to work. Excellent.

I have one more instrument that I would like to have on this panel - the analog clock. There doesn't seem to be an appropriate clock for fgpanel. The analog clock that's in the SenecaII is one that takes the .ac file so it won't work. I created the clock dial and needles using Inkscape, saved as png then exported them all to rgb using GIMP. I created a clock.xml file and got everything set up. All is good. To test clock hands rotations I used the airspeed property. No problem. All clock hands work. Now the strange part. When I try to associate the hands with any of the time properties, the hands do not move. I've tried many of the /sim/time properties as well as /instrumentation/clock properties. I'm using hour, minute and second values, not formatted strings from the properties. I'm using seconds properties where the value is between 0-60. I believe that my interpolation values are ok, and if not, they should be close enough that I should see some movement in at least one of the hands. But it almost seems like the clock and and sim time properties are not getting associated. I've double checked the properties and they seem fine.

Is there something I don't know about the clock and time properties? Any ideas how to get them working?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
dhudach

Re: Vertical fgpanel

Postby dhudach » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Ignore the question. I spent so much time working in Inkscape and in the clock xml file that I completely neglected to add the properties to the protocol file. So things are working. Whew.
dhudach

Return to Interfacing