Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Missing the "headtrack.xml" file  Topic is solved

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Missing the "headtrack.xml" file

Postby massima » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm following the FaceTrackNoIR wiki guide to interface opentrack unstable with its Flightgear plugin (localhost, port) but:

io:3:/build/flightgear-1mRNlE/flightgear-2018.3.1+dfsg/src/Main/fg_io.cxx:93:Parse I/O channel request: generic,socket,in,25,localhost,5542,udp,headtracker
io:3:/build/flightgear-1mRNlE/flightgear-2018.3.1+dfsg/src/Main/fg_io.cxx:104: protocol = generic
network:3:/build/flightgear-1mRNlE/flightgear-2018.3.1+dfsg/src/Network/generic.cxx:761:Reading communication protocol from Path "/usr/share/games/flightgear/Protocol/headtracker.xml"
network:5:/build/flightgear-1mRNlE/flightgear-2018.3.1+dfsg/src/Network/generic.cxx:768:Unable to load the protocol configuration file: Failed to open file
at /usr/share/games/flightgear/Protocol/headtracker.xml

In the main FG folder that file doesn't exist, i downloaded it from the freetrackNoIT project stored on Sourceforge. It works now, but the headtrack is unusable due of opentrack (impossible to well calibrate it).
That file should be added in the next release :idea: .
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Re: Missing the "headtrack.xml" file  

Postby Thorsten » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:15 pm

I suspect that's why the wiki page says

You will need a file called "headtracker.xml", which goes into $FG ROOT/Protocol. The file can be found in FaceTrackNoIR's file section.

- so there seems to be missing intentionally and you're supposed to get it as you did.
Thorsten

Re: Missing the "headtrack.xml" file

Postby massima » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:17 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: You are right, i didn't read the whole article.

EDIT, 05/01/19: Now the headtracking software "opentrack" works perfectly under windows and Linux, a critical bug has been corrected. On github there are binaries for windows and Debian, i compiled source code for Debian without the aruco, oculus plugins but there is the FTNoIR PointTracker plugin which i use.
massima

Callsign: M-AXX
Version: 2020.4.0

Return to Interfacing