Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Old FlightGear Versions

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Old FlightGear Versions

Postby victor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:57 am

Hi there,
I am currently working on a university project where i want to connect a special Simulink toolbox, the "AeroSim Blockset" by Unmanned Dynamics, to Flightgear. Unfortunately, AeroSim only seems to support following FlightGear versions: FlightGear 0.9.2, FlightGear 0.9.4, FlightGear 0.9.6 and FlightGear 0.9.8. I already went through the download list of older FlightGear versions, but couldn't find any of these. Does anyone know where i can get one of these versions?
Thank you in advance,
Victor.
victor

Re: Old FlightGear Versions

Postby FlugHund » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:52 am

http://ftp.icm.edu.pl/packages/flightgear/Archive/

However, if you elaborate the issue with newer versions, we might be able to get it working.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Re: Old FlightGear Versions

Postby victor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Alright, of course it would be even better if it would work with a later version of FlightGear. I will try to explain the problem as short as possible:
For my project i have to use the AeroSim Blockset, a Matlab/Simulink toolbox, to interface with FlightGear. AeroSim consists of different pre-built blocks which can help you to build aircraft models in Simulink. Some of these blocks are especially made to connect to FlightGear and show the visual output of the simulation of the aircraft this way. These blocks are using CMEX S-functions, which only seem to work on 32-bit operating systems, so I have already installed a 32-bit version of Matlab on a virtual machine. By now i have already built a complete aircraft model including a visual output block for FlightGear 0.9.8. The simulation is working, except for the visual output part.
In the User's Guide for AeroSim it says that data is being sent to FlightGear using the UDP network protocol on port 5500 and that you have to set-up FlightGear for accepting external aircraft models over the UDP connection with the following command line arguments:
%FG_ROOT%\BIN\FGFS.EXE --disable-splash-screen --native-fdm=socket,in,30, ,5500,udp --fdm=external
When i tried this out it told me that I have to upgrade to version 0.9.8, although I had this version installed. So maybe it would be a better idea to try it again with a later version as you proposed.
In the User's Guide it is mentioned that other FlightGear versions can be used, but in this case the S-function sfunflightgear098.dll will have to be recompiled using the net_fdm.hxx from the FlightGear source tree. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this has to be done. Maybe you can help me.
Thanks for your help,
victor
victor

Return to Interfacing