Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

3d HUD question

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

3d HUD question

Postby berkut » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 pm

How to disable the 3d HUD in FG 2016 3. for good? It's annoying to change it every time I start my FG.

Thanks and regards
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Re: 3d HUD question

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm

what launcher are you using?

what craft are you flying?

i had to specifically enable the HUD in my settings with "--enable_hud" and "--enable-hud-3d"... if you have those, then remove them...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Johan G » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 pm

berkut wrote in Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 pm:How to disable the 3d HUD in FG 2016 3. for good? It's annoying to change it every time I start my FG.

It is most probably controlled by a property set in one of the configuration filed read when FlightGear is started.

If you can find out wich property, you can override those files using the technique described in the FlightGear wiki article FlightGear configuration via XML#Adding your own settings.

As usual with FlightGear there is most probably several ways to do things, so wkitty's suggestion probably works too. ;)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby berkut » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:25 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm:what launcher are you using?

what craft are you flying?

i had to specifically enable the HUD in my settings with "--enable_hud" and "--enable-hud-3d"... if you have those, then remove them...

Pretty much everything,except for those with their own HUD settings,like fighter jets.
On both,the launcher and FG Run I have a same annoying 3d HUD,and every time I have to disable it,to have a normal HUD. It's not a glitch,or an error...it's just annoying. :D

@Johan G

Will try that too.

Thanks
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:55 pm

as i noted before, if you have any of --enable-hud, --enable-hud-3d, or --enable-antialias-hud, remove them or change them to --disable*... i use them in my additional options in the --launcher and changing them to disable or commenting them out removed them... 'h' still turned it on if i wanted it on but they were not visible once i commented them or changed them to --disable-blahblah...

now, if you are actually trying to get 'h' to not bring them up, that's something else, altogether... fighters are known for disabling them because they use them in their own fashion...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Interfacing