Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Matlab-FG Trajectory and Vectors Representation

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Matlab-FG Trajectory and Vectors Representation

Postby JM_Olmos » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi all!
Sorry for this second question in so little time . (Other topic: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30018 )

I am simulating a 6dof in Simulink and representing it in FG. I would like to know if it is possible to plot the path followed by the a/c (something like a dotted line of the trajectory flight) in FG. And also, if it is possible to plot some vectors on the body representing speed, accélérations, etc. Some good references/ tutorials could also help (The only thing that I have is the HL20 tutorial from matlab)

Thanks!
Last edited by JM_Olmos on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JM_Olmos

Re: Matlab-FG Trajectory and Vectors Representation

Postby Thorsten » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:26 pm

I would like to know if it is possible to plot the path followed by the missile (something like a dotted line of the trajectory flight) in FG.

Probably kicking out submodels of the line segments in regular intervals would do that. Otherwise the particle system does an okay job simulating a smoke trail (the Shuttle's SRBs make the launch trajectory very prominent from the ground for instance.

And also, if it is possible to plot some vectors on the body representing speed, accélérations, etc.

Include them as model parts, scale their magnitude with an animation.

If I remember correctly, the parachutist had a feature to represent flow lines (at least in the original version by Creare, not sure whether Erik kept that when he adapted him for FG).

I guess the short answer is that it's all possible, but you need to delve a bit into the HowTo of FG model visualization and animation (the wiki on animations and submodels is your friend).
Thorsten

Re: Matlab-FG Trajectory and Vectors Representation

Postby JM_Olmos » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 am

Thorsten, thanks for your help! I will try to do both things. Anyway I have to fix first the problems with the lectures of the surface controls in order to apply it to the vectors later
JM_Olmos

Return to Interfacing