Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

FGFS Interface

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Re: FGFS Interface

Postby biloute974 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Hi, really nice Daweed ;)
Intel I7 7700 - 16Gb DDR4 - Nvidia GTX970 - FG 2017.4.0 from D&C
biloute974

Callsign: U974
Version: 2016.1.0

Postby daweed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Hello, some more pics

Daweed
Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 2080 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby Hooray » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:45 pm

it would really be great if you could consider uploading those images to the wiki so that we can grow a dedicated "cockpit building" portal over there, maybe you'd even like to document your journey that way ?

Besides, this is the kind of stuff that people would love to see in the monthly newsletter, especially in conjunction with some text/status updates, photos and maybe a youtube video

Personally, I find it unfortunate that neither the wiki nor the forum have dedicated places for cockpit builders and people interested in doing embedded development (RPi, Arduino etc)

I think that's exactly the kind of users the project wants to attract, i.e. i.e. developers who might sooner or later become potential contributors.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby daweed » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:52 pm

FCU and EFIS are fully working.
Overhead is actually underconstruction, and until i have more space to install a pedestal, radio panel have been setup within the overhead panel .. [ where RMP 3 should be ]
Overhead will be upgraded with each panel when i will be able to work on :)
Linux Mint 20
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Johan G » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:40 pm

That looks rather professional. And I was definitively not expecting an overhead panel. :D 8)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.2

Postby daweed » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 am

Hello

@y Hooray, all stuff published here from me is free to use. If really needed, i can push all images to FG Wiki website, but i need to know where upload them [ any special section ? ]

My cockpit journey begun ... in 2014 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCC5YOw6ljw&t=4s)

Since i learned lots of things on FG and how comunicate with.

I you need informations for your newsletter, i will be happy to answer, but i need the question :) !

@Johan G Well, i am builing cockit when i can release time for this project [ and finding 1 or 2 hours a week is not always an easy task :mrgreen: ]
Overhead need lots of work before i can go more ahead . The radio, fcu and efis panel [ faceplate ] have been bought and i have create myself all the electronic stuff, but as panel are really expensive, i have decide to build them by my self. I have so bought a 40 W laster cutter, and actually learning how to use it [ need some conf and mirror alignement. ]. I think i can even make backlightted panel with the laser engraver / cutter using 2 piece of 3 mm acrylic to make panels.

More information in the next episode :)
Linux Mint 20
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Hooray » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:42 pm

daweed wrote in Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 am:@y Hooray, all stuff published here from me is free to use. If really needed, i can push all images to FG Wiki website, but i need to know where upload them [ any special section ? ]

Yes, please do feel invited to use the wiki - that way, your work/artwork will remain accessible even in years to come, unlike images hosted by some 3rd party image hosts, that will sooner or later disappear (you only need to look at some of the older topics on the forum or the devel list).

You can simply use the upload manager, and use existing categories or create new ones for your images, see: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Special:UploadWizard

Don't worry about making mistakes, there are plenty of people around to help with the details, or to clean up behind you ;-)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby Johan G » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Hooray wrote in Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:42 pm:Yes, please do feel invited to use the wiki - that way, your work/artwork will remain accessible even in years to come, unlike images hosted by some 3rd party image hosts, that will sooner or later disappear (you only need to look at some of the older topics on the forum or the devel list).

Indeed.

Hooray wrote in Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:42 pm:Don't worry about making mistakes, there are plenty of people around to help with the details, or to clean up behind you ;-)

There is only a few people doing any cleanup at all. :roll: But I am very happy to give pointers and try help straighten out any question marks. :)

PS. Sorry if I have confused you on the wiki. :oops:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Johan G

Postby daweed » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Hello Guys,

@Hooray, @Johan G

I have started gathering and sorting all the resources to push them to the FG wiki, but it will take me a while considering the amount of info I need to compile :), but the work is underway.
I also started to prepare in the form of questions / answers my "trip" in the bowels of Flightgear.

In the meantime, here are some news about the work in progress :

Who guesses .. ??
Linux Mint 20
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Johan G » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm

daweed wrote in Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:27 pm:Who guesses .. ??

As long as it does not have any of those nasty 7X00 numbers... Or does it? ;)
Johan G

Postby daweed » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Johan G wrote in Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 pm:
daweed wrote in Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:27 pm:Who guesses .. ??

As long as it does not have any of those nasty 7X00 numbers... Or does it? ;)

hihi :P

Some more pictures from my lab ...

Test panel creation

Printed cardboard glue on MDF 3 mm, just to have to have an idea

Cutter laser machine i bought (Chinese 40W Laster)

The first test is fairly clean, but I can probably do better by aligning the mirrors correctly and managing the power / speed ratio a little better, but it's not bad.
It is the back face of the panel that will allow the backlighting in translucent white acrylic.
The front panel will be made in the same way, except that it will be painted beforehand (RAL) and cut and engraved in addition which will give in the end a wafer of 2 panels of 3 mm (so 6 mm in total), but I am still in the testing phase for this part.

hav a good day
Linux Mint 20
FG Interface

daweed

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:54 am

Very impressive - nice work! :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Hooray » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am

thanks for the update, it will be really great to see this getting added to the wiki - this could certainly become the foundation for people wanting to do hardware design/embedded development in conjunction with FlightGear. Many of your updates could be added to the newsletter "as is".
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby Johan G » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Hooray wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am:[...] it will be really great to see this getting added to the wiki [...]

He has written a lot already, and is working on more. :mrgreen:

Hooray wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am:[...] this could certainly become the foundation for people wanting to do hardware design/embedded development in conjunction with FlightGear. [...]

It is just one of many ways to do it, but from skimming through some of his wiki articles it seem to have some flexibility to it. But mainly FGInterface is aimed at Airbus airliners.

Hooray wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 am:[...] Many of your updates could be added to the newsletter "as is".

A progress report now and then would most likely be appreciated. :)
Johan G

Postby daweed » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Johan G wrote in Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 pm: But mainly FGInterface is aimed at Airbus airliners.

Nope nope :), that probably wrong explained by me, but i am flying airbus, i am building a cockpit for A330 and use it for examples, but FGInterface can be use for any aicraft, for a bi-plane as for the space shuttle ... the only limit is people's imagination.

Only thing to be know is which properties need to be affected ... and as each aircraft developer use their own ... i cannot include directly a set of standard properties
Linux Mint 20
FG Interface

daweed

PreviousNext

Return to Interfacing