Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

JSBSim interfacing with FlightGear

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

JSBSim interfacing with FlightGear

Postby ecko1500 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello,

I have seen some answers relating to interfacing JSBSim with FlightGear. Someone said that there is a way to do it. The issue is that I don't know some kind of things about the next things:

Run FlightGear with

Code: Select all
fgfs --fdm=external --native-fdm=socket,in,120,,5550,udp --airport=SP01 --aircraft=Short_Empire

Then start JSBSim (in this case from the root of the JSBSim directory, otherwise you need a --root= argument) with

Code: Select all
JSBSim --logdirectivefile=data_output/flightgear.xml --realtime --script=scripts/Short_S23_4.xml

The questions are:

-The name of the airport in the first code (SP01), where I can find the name of the airport where the aircraft has to be ? i.e. the code name of the airport
-Where I can put the second code ? When I put it in the cmd of windows it doesn't work.
-In the second code, Short_S23_4 what means ?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards
ecko1500

Re: HELP! Urgently please! JSBSim interfacing with FlightGea

Postby Hooray » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi & welcome !

1) Those are ICAO codes for airports (see wikipedia/google for details)
2) see the "slaving" article on the wiki (hint: that's a good search term for the wiki)

3) We cannot teach you Windows basics here - but you can check back with youtube to learn more about running a console/shell window (cmd.exe)

4) please use BB code tags

Thank you

PS: Please don't cross-post
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Re: JSBSim interfacing with FlightGear

Postby AndersG » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:04 pm

ecko1500 wrote in Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:52 pm:Hello,
The questions are:

-The name of the airport in the first code (SP01), where I can find the name of the airport where the aircraft has to be ? i.e. the code name of the airport
-Where I can put the second code ? When I put it in the cmd of windows it doesn't work.
-In the second code, Short_S23_4 what means ?

Short_S23_4.xml is the name of a JSBSim script available in the JSBSim CVS repository. Such scripts set up JSBSim for a simulation run with a specific aircraft in a specific initial condition (location, orientation, velocity) and usually for a specified number of seconds. That is, the primary purpose if this type of JSBSim->FG setup is visualizing a non-interactive test case (FG is not sending any user inputs back to JSBSim). JSBSim also only sends a limited set of parameters to FG so FG needs to be started with a representative aircraft (--aircraft=Short_Empire in the example) and, preferably, with a initial location near to where the scripted run takes place (--airport=SP01) to facilitate scenery fetching/loading and to make any command line time commands useful (e.g. --timeofday=morning).
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Interfacing