Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Initial position

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Initial position

Postby Merik » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 am

In this tutorial: http://www.flightgear.org/Docs/getstart/getstartch7.html#x13-1130007.7.2 it is suggested that we use this command for landing practice:

fgfs –offset-distance=5 –altitude=1500 –vc=120 –timeofday=noon

I'm unable to run FlightGear on windows by running fgfs command directly (it says it can't find an instance of FlightGear and I probably need to install it). I was wondering if there is a way to the same thing using the FlightGear Wizard (in the Initial Position of Advanced settings).
I'm using FlightGear Git version on a Win 7 machine with an onboard ATI graphic card and 3 GB of RAM.

These are the link I've found useful: Types of AirspeedE6B emulatorAirspaces explained with examples
Merik

Re: Initial position

Postby Merik » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:46 am

Any idea?
I'm using FlightGear Git version on a Win 7 machine with an onboard ATI graphic card and 3 GB of RAM.

These are the link I've found useful: Types of AirspeedE6B emulatorAirspaces explained with examples
Merik

Postby flameout » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 pm

I know you can specify these (or at least most of them) from FGRun, but I don't know how.

When using the command line, you have to find where the fgfs executable is installed, and change directory into that folder. Then that command should work, although you'll also have to specify your root directory and possible other needs for it to run. It is probably easier to just use FGRun.

I hope this helps.
Also known as Johnathan Van Why.
flameout

Callsign: MSJF
Version: GIT

Postby Gijs » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:32 pm

flameout wrote:I know you can specify these (or at least most of them) from FGRun, but I don't know how.

For some reason the fields in FGRun are disabled (Fred?). You can work around this by adding the commandline arguments in the FG executable box on the first page of the launcher (before aircraft selection).

Please have a look at http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Co ... rientation for the current correct commandline options btw (–offset-distance=5 should be -–offset-distance=5 for example).

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to FGRun