Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

adding/deleteing a Location

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

adding/deleteing a Location

Postby naplesAPF » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:10 am

How does one delete a location (i.e. airport) you've previously added?
naplesAPF

Re: adding/deleteing a Location

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:41 pm

where/how did you add it? you should be able to remove it by deleting it from the same place...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby naplesAPF » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 am

when you startup flightgear, on the 1st page you see you see "summary", "Aircraft", "Location", "Enviroment", "settings" "Addons" & Fly" that you can click on. if you click to go to Locations, you go to a window where you have to enter an airport to locate your plane to start from. You then type in the call letters of that airport, and That airport will be added to the list of your airport locations where you can fly from. I mistakenly typed in call letters of an airport & it was added to the/my list. Now can't remove/delete it from the list.
naplesAPF

Postby xDraconian » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:06 am

I'm pretty sure that location cache is located within the FlightGear.ini file. But this isn't intended to be manually editable. The airport list is encoded, so it wouldn't be an easy thing to edit.
xDraconian

Version: Git

Postby Thorsten » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:03 am

I mistakenly typed in call letters of an airport & it was added to the/my list. Now can't remove/delete it from the list.

Why would you want to? The list shows the history of the last 10 (?) places you've entered, and you 'delete' from the history by filling it from the top, aka by entering a couple of new starting locations.
Thorsten

Postby WoodSTokk » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 am

Thorsten wrote in Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:03 am:Why would you want to? The list shows the history of the last 10 (?) places you've entered, and you 'delete' from the history by filling it from the top, aka by entering a couple of new starting locations.

Strange! I have 64 entries in the list.
And it is not in the entered order.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:02 pm

are they sorted? mine appear to be in MRU to LRU but i also note that long/lat entries are not listed there while they are listed in the list available on the summary page...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to FGRun