Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

FGRUN Startup locations

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

FGRUN Startup locations

Postby gooneybird » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:56 pm

In FGRUN you can select a parking position to start from at airports with a ground network, which is great, but, these only show "gate"(commercial) parking positions.

Is there any way you can get "military" and "general aviation" to be used as well.

The reason I'm asking is, we have military and general aviation airfields that have no commercial traffic, therefore will not show parking positions in FGRUN.
Currently running 2018.1 but if it doesn't stop crashing I'm taking up tiddlywinks!
gooneybird

Callsign: G-OONY
Version: 2018.1

Re: FGRUN Startup locations

Postby Gijs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am

Most of the airports have a few GA parking spots in their list. If a groundnetwork is made (for AI-traffic, but it also defines the parkingspots for us), it depends on the creator if he adds the GA and Military parking spots. Sometimes you have to do a little search, as names might have changed as what you're used to in real (or from a map)...
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:52 am

Yes, that is all true, but, if you look at any airport, that has a ground network, in FGRUN you will only see "gate"(commercial) parking locations, no cargo, military or ga.

If you look at the groundnet I sent you for KOAK, there are plenty of cargo and ga parking positions but they do not show in FGRUN.

The same also applies to TJSJ, which also has military parking that does not show in FGRUN.

Which means If you had an airport with only ga, or military, parking positions, they would not show in FGRUN, therefore you would not be able to start from them, just the default runway positions.
Currently running 2018.1 but if it doesn't stop crashing I'm taking up tiddlywinks!
gooneybird

Postby Gijs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am

gooneybird wrote:Yes, that is all true

Ah ok, sorry, didn't knew that. Have you tried if you can start at such position from the commandline or ingame menu?
You should report this to Durk, so he can fix it for the 2.0 release ;p
Gijs

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 am

Gijs wrote:Ah ok, sorry, didn't knew that. Have you tried if you can start at such position from the commandline or ingame menu?

Ah, I had not thought of that, I will try it later, I'm busy naming taxiways at KLAX at the moment.
gooneybird

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 am

I could not get it to work, even altered the fgrun.prefs, but that just reset to default on startup. It seems unless it's in the list it does not want to know.

Looks like we are stuck with it for now.
gooneybird

Postby fredb » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:09 pm

What are the other types of Parking ? currently fgrun shows the "gate" type. Is there something else to display ? Where in CVS could I find an example ?
fredb

Postby Gijs » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:28 pm

fredb wrote:What are the other types of Parking ? Is there something else to display ? Where in CVS could I find an example ?

Take a look at AI/Airports/EHAM/parking.xml, there are lot's of cargo and ga gate-types...
"Valid values for this parameter are: cargo, gate (=usually intermediate to heavy airline traffic), ramp (=usually smaller regional jets and commuter aircraft), ga (=general aviation), and mil (=military" (source: http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/In ... ve_Traffic, OUT OF DATE)

currently fgrun shows the "gate" type.

So it's just you who hides all those parkings for us?!
Last edited by Gijs on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gijs

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:17 pm

The wiki is out of date.

The current parking types are:

"gate"
"cargo"
"mil-cargo"
"mil-fighter"
"ga"

These are taken from the current Taxidraw, I don't think "ramp" is used anymore.
gooneybird

Postby durk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:33 pm

gooneybird wrote:The wiki is out of date.

The current parking types are:

"gate"
"cargo"
"mil-cargo"
"mil-fighter"
"ga"

These are taken from the current Taxidraw, I don't think "ramp" is used anymore.

I'm currently updating the "Interactive Traffic" page, so this thread comes right on time. :-) I actually don't recall anymore whether omitting the "ramp" type was a conscious decision, or just an oversight. I'll have a look, when I'm updating this particular section. I will also have to go back to TaxiDraw to make it compatible again with some other future changes I'm working on right now (and which you can read about in a future post that I'm about to write. :-) ).

cheers,
Durk
durk

Callsign: PH-DRK
Version: git

Postby BRT » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 pm

I have that problem too
i tried re-installing it and it worked

but when i clicked refresh again to add asia scenery to the list
the problem happend again and now im stuck :( :( :? :?
BRT

Return to FGRun