Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Multiple aircraft versions not allowed in FGRun.  Topic is solved

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Multiple aircraft versions not allowed in FGRun.

Postby wlbragg » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Because of the current status of FGRun's future VS Aircraft Center, I'm not sure this is going to go anywhere but I wanted to put it on record just in case.

I have discovered that the order of the aircraft entries in fg_aircraft on the first tab of FGRun dictates what aircraft is actually chosen during the "Select an Aircraft" phase in the second tab assuming two different versions of the same aircraft and same folder name are used in two or more aircraft repos. I used to be able to select any of the different versions of aircraft. Now only the aircraft folder listed in first priority in the first tab will be selected. I think that even includes the default c172p in fgdata "svn". If you have an additional "fg_aircraft" entry in the first tab and that aircraft folder has a c172p in it, It will be the selected c172p regardless of what you select in the second "Select an Aircraft" phase, even over the default in fgdata.

This make the addition of more than one aircraft repo, worthless.
Is it worth the effort to file a bug report?

This is on a Windows system, I haven't checked Linux.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Re: Multiple aircraft versions not allowed in FGRun.  

Postby Hooray » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Is it worth the effort to file a bug report?

Gijs was the one who took over fgrun maintenance, and he stated quite clearly that he believes in phasing out fgrun and favoring the new Qt5 based launcher instead:

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Integrated_Qt5_Launcher

Specifically, see: http://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/cod ... 1591/#4cb7
Gijs wrote:FGRun will be gone with the next release of FlightGear, in favour of a built-in launcher. Therefore, I'm closing this issue to prevent anyone from spending a lot of time on fixing things in FGRun.

Also, there's the new "variant-of" tag, as per: http://wiki.flightgear.org/FlightGear_N ... _tag_added

However, should you -or somebody else- come up with a patch for fgrun, I'd guess that such a patch would still be committed and shipped with 3.6 - especially, because I haven't seen much in terms of recent Qt5 activity, as per: http://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fli ... uncher.cxx
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby wlbragg » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Good enough, thanks Hooray. I have no patch and don't intend to waist anymore time on it unless things change.

On another note, I guess I need to take a good look at the new Qt5 based launcher. I hope before the project switches to it, it is proven to at least retain the features and flexibility of FGRun and if were lucky enhance them.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby clrCoda » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:37 am

Multiple versions are allowed but it is not enough to just change the name of the aircrafts named folder, one has to have a special name for the -set.xml, as FGrun ignores folders, traversing them all looking for -set.xmls
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Return to FGRun