Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

FG 3.4 start page don´t quit

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

FG 3.4 start page don´t quit

Postby rioit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi, I have just installe the new 3.4 and when I exit FG the start page don´ t quit, it remain opened in the monitor. I will appreciate any help.
rioit

Re: FG 3.4 start page don´t quit

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:51 pm

rioit wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm:Hi, I have just installe the new 3.4 and when I exit FG the start page don´ t quit, it remain opened in the monitor. I will appreciate any help.

how are you starting your flightgear? i've been using FGRun and in the last days, after i've run for a long time with FG posting errors to the log file, when i quit, FGRun seems to be taking up all these errors into some sort of log or console... i end up sending a TERMinate signal to flightgear (i'm on linux) and then it quits... i haven't tested this if it is a difference between using "ESC" and "ENTER" or if it has to be "ESC" and "ESC" where the first "ESC" brings up the exit dialogue... i'm seeing this in 3.5.0, too... haven't attempted to go back to my 3.4.0-git version in several days...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby rioit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 pm

I am starting from the FG icon on my desktop and to quit I go in the menu FILE and then EXIT and i do it but the first page (the grey one) remain on the monitor an I can´t close it.
rioit

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:01 pm

rioit wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 pm:I am starting from the FG icon on my desktop

can you look at the properties of that icon and see what command line is being used?

rioit wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:55 pm:and to quit I go in the menu FILE and then EXIT and i do it but the first page (the grey one) remain on the monitor an I can´t close it.

ok... can you launch FG and then immediately exit after the plane is rendered on the runway or does the problem happen after some time flying?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby rioit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:17 pm

fgrun.exe and the problem appear ever, if i close immediately or after some times
rioit

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 pm

rioit wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:17 pm:fgrun.exe and the problem appear ever, if i close immediately or after some times

ok... so you are using fgrun... can you exit from it without launching flightgear?
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby rioit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 pm

thanks for your interest, I have unistalled FG and deleted all the appdata files of FG and installed again and now is fine
rioit

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 pm

rioit wrote in Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:36 pm:thanks for your interest, I have unistalled FG and deleted all the appdata files of FG and installed again and now is fine

glad to hear that you got it working... sorry for the delay in response but for some reason this topic didn't show up in my new posts scans...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to FGRun