Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Nasal runtime error: no such member, engines

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Nasal runtime error: no such member, engines

Postby Christopher72 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello,
Under 3.2 I get the following when I press "}" to start my engine.
Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Never try to set a postumous record for lowest level flight, it has already been set.....
Christopher72

Callsign: kegwasher
Version: 3.2

Re: Nasal runtime error: no such member, engines

Postby galvedro » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:15 am

Looks like the aircraft scripts have a bug. The Nasal runtime error should not be there, and it is probably the reason why parts of the aircraft are failing to load (i.e. the engines).
I don't know who maintains the Osprey.
galvedro

Postby Christopher72 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:38 am

I have exchanged mails with Emmanuel Baranger who is listed in as maintainer and he was kind enough to help me on several points.
He told me he did not think anyone was working on the Osprey at the moment, it was pretty much abandoned.
Under 3.0 it started fine, under 3.2 it no longer does.
As the V-22 works fine and is 90% common with the VX-22, I will put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and see if I can work it out by looking at the diff files and tinkering about.
I cruised the property tree with both loaded and did not see anything different.
Never try to set a postumous record for lowest level flight, it has already been set.....
Christopher72

Postby Christopher72 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:13 pm

I swapped in the file V22.nas from the V22 aircraft into the VMX22 and it works fine again.
Is my favourite flying machine so I will be using it to learn the ropes in flightgear modeling.
:-)
Christopher72

Postby onox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:32 pm

Christopher72 wrote in Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:38 am:He told me he did not think anyone was working on the Osprey at the moment, it was pretty much abandoned.

Oh really? That's so sad to hear. I thought there were some new people working on it and have made a lot of improvements. Did he meant the V-22 or the VMX-22 model?
onox
Retired

Postby Christopher72 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm

onox wrote in Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:32 pm:
Christopher72 wrote in Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:38 am:He told me he did not think anyone was working on the Osprey at the moment, it was pretty much abandoned.

Oh really? That's so sad to hear. I thought there were some new people working on it and have made a lot of improvements. Did he meant the V-22 or the VMX-22 model?

We only discussed the VMX-22 not the V-22 but seeing as he was involved in both I assume it goes for both.
I am working on the VMX to add the cockpit systems and displays.
Right now added the ND & PFD displays from the 777 project per the wiki.
To make them work I had to also use the electrial.nas file and the overhead panel.

I have three weeks off over the holidays and intend to put a flyable version up on my dropbox.
Christopher72

Return to FGRun