Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

fgrun: coredump on Centos6

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

fgrun: coredump on Centos6

Postby jbarbieri » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Hello,

After a long battle (and long download), I have flightgear installed on Centos6. I used the download and compilation script, and finally got it to go.

I also wanted fgrun, so I installed the missing dependency (fltk), and then built it after modifying the script to use the new fltk to compile.

Now, however, fgrun coredumps. I enabled strace, and these are the last few lines:

Code: Select all
open("/etc/fltk/flightgear.org/fgrun.prefs", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/usr/share/locale/locale.alias", O_RDONLY) = 6
fstat(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2512, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x7fc496aad000
read(6, "# Locale name alias data base.\n#"..., 4096) = 2512
read(6, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(6)                                = 0
munmap(0x7fc496aad000, 4096)            = 0
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en_US.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en_US.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/home/amandajean/fgfs/install/fgrun/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/fgrun.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++
./run_fgrun.sh: line 6: 20638 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) strace ./fgrun --fg-exe=$PWD/../../fgfs/bin/fgfs --fg-root=$PWD/../../fgfs/fgdata $@

The launch script was built by the download and compile script. I am not sure if it is related, but I have no folders that begin with "en" in that location:

Code: Select all
amandajean@amanda-desktop:~/fgfs$ ls install/fgrun/share/locale/
de  es  fr  it  ja  nl  pl  pt

Any thoughts? The following was built via that script: OSG3.2.1, fg-3.0.0, simgear 3.3.0

Thanks!
--John
jbarbieri

Return to FGRun