Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Getting Sim running with a /home/../Scenery path

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Getting Sim running with a /home/../Scenery path

Postby a1872 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:33 pm

This is updated since I added the error report.

I am using FG 2.4.0. My problems/concerns are:

I cannot list /home/anthony/Scenery as the Terrasync path; when I do, FGrun doesn't start the game--it reaches the splash screen of the jet, then closes to the last page of FGrun.

I need to be able to use the above path for Terrasync because that way, I can simply erase the contents of the home\anthony/Scenery when it grows too large.

Clicking "Manual Refresh" on the Environment->Scenery Download doesn't change the environment, or File-> Reset, either--I still am on ocean.

/usr/games/fgfs
--fg-root=/usr/share/games/flightgear
--fg-scenery=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery
--fg-aircraft=/usr/share/games/flightgear/Aircraft:/home/anthony/Aircraft
--airport=12CA
--aircraft=f-14b
--control=joystick
--disable-random-objects
--prop:/sim/rendering/random-vegetation=false
--enable-horizon-effect
--disable-ai-models
--disable-real-weather-fetch
--enable-clouds3d
--fog-fastest
--geometry=800x600
--bpp=32
--atlas=socket,out,5,localhost,5505,udp

UPDATE STARTS:

I've tried marking the Terrasync directory as the usr/.../Scenery, but the permission problem: "Failed to synchronize directory 'Airports/R', Can't make directory '/usr/share/games/flightgear/Scenery/Airports/R': Permission denied (code 13)."

At least I was able to download Lambert Airport in St. Louis (KSTL) using the /home/anthony/Scenery directory--I saw Lambert listed in the airports; I just couldn't run the sim because of the /home/.. directory. This is the error generated in the Log, if it helps anyone:

"Processing command line arguments
fgfs: runways.cxx:150: void FGRunway::processThreshold(SGPropertyNode*): Assertion `ident() == aThreshold->getStringValue("rwy")' failed."

I'm wondering if I can copy and paste KSTL (I think Lambert is in the "K" airports directory) to the /usr/.. path.

I have an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Pent 2.4 GHz, 1.2 GB of RAM to run Precise; FGrun 1.6.0.

I was also wanting advice on the best way to add airports once the Terrasync issue is fixed--do I do a Google search for a particular airport's ICAO?

Thanks
a1872

Re: Getting Sim running with a /home/../Scenery path

Postby ludomotico » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:16 am

a1872 wrote in Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:33 pm:I am using FG 2.4.0. My problems/concerns are:

I cannot list /home/anthony/Scenery as the Terrasync path; when I do, FGrun doesn't start the game--it reaches the splash screen of the jet, then closes to the last page of FGrun.

The scenery currently in Terrasync is only compatible with FG 2.12 and above. Even if you can start at some small airport using terrasync, you won't arrive very far away before crashing. The most complex airports in current terraync won't even load using FG 2.4

Your options are either upgrading to FG 2.12 or above (FG 3.0 is your safest bet, of course), or using the scenery you can download from the webpage and forget about terrasync.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Return to FGRun