Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

sartup question window

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

sartup question window

Postby sltry_man » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm

i saw in manual where the files are for startup and did it for executable, aircraft, scenery, etc when i hit load it ask where is settings.fgrun which i can't find .

windows xppro
fg 2.6.0

Could you help
sltry_man

Re: sartup question window

Postby jharris1993 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:36 am

sltry_man wrote in Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm:i saw in manual where the files are for startup and did it for executable, aircraft, scenery, etc when i hit load it ask where is settings.fgrun which i can't find .

windows xppro
fg 2.6.0

Could you help

I just ran into that same problem, and here is how I fixed it.

The reason you get this dialog is because your settings.fgrun file has not been created yet! (IMHO this represents a bug, since there should be a default "settings.fgrun" to get you started.)

How to create it:
  • Open Flight Gear the way you normally do.
  • Go through the initial dialogs and select the aircraft you want to fly, the airport, the weather, etc.
  • Once you have done all that, but before you actually start the program, note that in the lower left corner of the setup dialog are three buttons: "Default", "Load", and "Save".
  • Click on the "Save" button, find a place to put your file - it should be somewhere you have write access to, like your home folder, a documents folder, or something like that.
  • Once you find that place, save the file there using the name "settings.fgrun" if that filename isn't already set for you
There! You should not run into that problem in the future.

What say ye?

Jim (JR)
What say ye?

Jim (JR)

Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb
jharris1993

Callsign: $%^&ing Idiot!
Version: Whatever..

Return to FGRun