Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Status of FGRun and Flightgear2.6

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Status of FGRun and Flightgear2.6

Postby theoldfellow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Is FGrun-1.6.0 fully compatible with FG-2.6? I ask because returning to FG after some time away I installed both on my Linux Mint12 box and have quite few problems with Aircraft being missing from the FGrun list.

I have the following paths set:
FG_ROOT /usr/share/games/flightgear
FG_AIRCRAFT /home/richard/Downloads/Aircraft-2.6 (where I unzipped all the Aircraft)
FG_SCENERY /home/richard/fgfsScenery (T) and /usr/share/games/flightgera/Scenery (in that order)

Several aircraft are missing from the list including the default c172p although they were unpacked from the torrent I downloaded from the site today. And many others appear but do not have graphical representations (and FG puts up a little box in mid window with no text in it, just an OK button, which mystifies me, at the end of the loading process). There are also several missing instrument errors that I've noticed, e.g.:

Code: Select all
Error reading panel:
Cannot open file
 at ../Instruments/magcompass.xml
 (reported by )
Error reading new panel from Aircraft/c310/c310-vfr-panel.xml

Finally there are also lots of ALSA sound errors reported in the log, but they don't seem to affect sound, viz:

Code: Select all
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1613:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started

Am I right to ignore all that as probing for possible hardware?

I can enjoy FG, but these are just little issues that I felt I should ask about.

Regards,
R.
theoldfellow

Re: Status of FGRun and Flightgear2.6

Postby theoldfellow » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Bad form to raise an issue and then find the answer yourself, I know. Deepest apologies.

Aircraft directories have to be where FG expects them, i.e. $FG_ROOT/Aircraft. If you put them anywhere else the relative paths fail.

This causes most of these errors.

Sorry for the noise.
R.
theoldfellow

Return to FGRun