Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

Rating system + Double list + Character encoding

FGRun is a graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

Rating system + Double list + Character encoding

Postby F-JJTH » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi everybody,

I just compiled the last FGRUN with brisa script's and I noticed some problems :

1 - The new rating system is now integrated by it seem that it to big ! and some star are hover the text. How to fix it ?
2 - All my aircraft are listed twice :shock: I don't understand why. Someone know how to fix it ?
3 - I'm French and the translation of FGRUN seems to be victim of bad chars encode. How to fix it ?

This is a capture that who can help to understand these little problems :

My system is :
Linux Mint 11 64bits
FGRUN 1.6.1
Nvidia Geforce GTX460SE - Driver : 270.41.06 - Resolution : 1920x1080
CPU : Intel I7 760

I hope my report can help you to improve FGRUN ;)

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Re: Rating system + Double list + Character encoding

Postby SouthernLlama » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 pm

I ran across the problem with aircrafts being listed twice too. I solved it by not specifing the path to the aircraft's directory in the settings. I guess if the path FG_ROOT is specified, then the AIRCRAFT path is assumed to fall off that, so specifing a specific path the the aircrafts makes the program think that there exists another path that it doesn't know about. I would imagine this is more intended for people who want to install their own aircraft files on a system where they do not have permission to put the files in the install directory. Realistically however, the launcher should actually check this path isn't already included rather than blindly assume it.

There probably a better way, but I fixed the path by manually editing the file 'fgrun.prefs'. I'm guess this is probably the same situation for SCENERY paths too.
SouthernLlama

Re: Rating system + Double list + Character encoding

Postby F-JJTH » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi SouthernLliama,

I have follow your solution and it works !
Thanks you

Also the problem about rating system is solved.

Cheers,
Clément
F-JJTH

Return to FGRun