Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGRun

fgrunexe.Has stopped working.  Topic is solved

FGRun is a no-longer maintained graphical frontend to run FlightGear.

fgrunexe.Has stopped working.

Postby nigelmr22 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi can you help me,i'm new to flightgear and a novice user of computers (not to tech please)have installed v2.0.0 flightgear on win7hp os.Had a go love it,but on start now i get the black window no loading of data for 2seconds and then the launch control1.5.2 pops up,have tried default button on atempting reset comes up with fgrunexe.has stopped working. can you help me please i'm running out of hair to pull out here thanks.nigelmr22
nigelmr22

Re: fgrunexe.Has stopped working.  

Postby Gijs » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Welcome Nigel!

Am I right that you did manage to launch FlightGear once (or several times), but only recently it stopped working? Or did it fail all the time, right after the installation? In the later case you could try a fresh install (sometimes something gets corrupted during download/installation). In the former case you should try to provide some more info on the problem; like what the exact error message is; do you see any output in the console (black window)...

Also, please note that v2.4.0 has been released, so you might want to check that one out!

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Re: fgrunexe.Has stopped working.

Postby nigelmr22 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Gijs thanks for your response,and yes i've had 4or5 flights so far just roaming and crashing a bit.But the black window has nothing in it before the launch control window covers it but when i quit that window i thought i could see a few words in the black window but its to quick going off the screen.Perhaps your right and i should download the newer version.Thanks again for your help,i'll go and have a bash at downloading.Nigel
nigelmr22

Return to FGRun