Board index Other Hangar talk Real aviation

Airshow FG Meets & greets

The "real" thing.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Airshow FG Meets & greets

Postby N-SCOT » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello fellow FGers,

Had a thought (it is in a strange place, I know :D ). It might be fun to post airshows that folks are attending, and allows for potential meet and greet F2Fs between you lot. Of course, it might be we're uglier than others thought, and that callsign and posts are more than enough exposure! Perhaps it may further encourage new projects or expansion of teams working on current ones too.

That said, I'm considering going to either the Wed or Thurs session at the Sun & Fun Intl. Airshow at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (KLAL).
https://www.flysnf.org/sun-n-fun-intl-fly-expo/activities/air-show/

That's it folks! So any other Florida flyers interested? It's also the base for Draken International, so there's a Skyhawk and Mig 21 bis parked outside their front door too.

Peace out,

G
Gary Brown, aka N-SCOT
Favorite Aircraft: Military
Favorite FG activity: Livery generation
N-SCOT

Location: Gainesville, Florida. Home of the "Fighting' Gators"!
Callsign: N-SCOT
Version: 2020.1.2

Re: Airshow FG Meets & greets

Postby curt » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi Gary,

This is a great idea. I don't have plans for Sun and Fun (I've never been there ...) but I do go to Oshkosh every couple years. I was there last summer and met Laura, the author of "Infinite Flight" ... this is a flipping awesome flight sim for your iphone/ipad ... check it out! I also got to meet the Flite Test guys. Flite Test has a fun youtube channel (also check them out if you haven't) and they make a line of really inexpensive foam board kits. I built their DR-1 kit last winter and it is a lot of fun. It also flies great for it's size and slightly cartoonish proportions. Here is a stock shot, mine is similar ... painted red with a white tail and white aft-fuselage -- Jasta 18 (ish) markings. :-) The flite test guys' comment to me was that my flight test t-shirt I was wearing looked a little faded and smelled a bit ripe ... but after 2 days at oshkosh in the heat, what are you going to do? :-) So I did order a new t-shirt after I got home, along with another one of their foam bard kits ... lots of fun!

I'm hoping to be at Oshkosh again this summer, but I won't know which specific days until probably right before. I have another trip earlier that month to North Carolina for the Tang So Do karate world championships. (Hah, not me ... my daughter competes at a pretty high level ... she can take me down.) ;-) So we'll see how my work schedule shakes out, how many vacation days I can talk my boss into, and how many days my folks will put up with our dogs ...
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Re: Airshow FG Meets & greets

Postby www2 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:42 am

@curt
Plans to aviodrome at EHLE for fsweekend?
www2

Return to Real aviation