Board index Other Hangar talk Real aviation

MH370 found?

The "real" thing.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: MH370 found?

Postby KL-666 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:08 pm

What is easier than to ask the bird woman to lead you to the wreckage? Surely she knows her way in the jungle. She came home from the location, did she not?

Either tomorrow the location is investigated, or it is a bogus story!

Kind regards, Vincent
KL-666

Postby HJ1AN » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 am

Most likely to be a Flying Tiger Line Lockheed Super Constellation military charter flight that vanished in the Pacific Ocean in 1962.
...?

"Until MH370 vanished last year the largest missing passenger airliner was the Flying Tiger Line Lockheed Super Constellation that was carrying 107 people on a US military charter when it vanished in the western Pacific on 16 March, 1962.

It is just possible, remotely possible, that it has been found on a Philippine island near the NW tip of Sabah, a part of Malaysia, and mistaken for the lost Malaysia Airlines 777-200 that disappeared on 8 March 2014 with 239 people on board."

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking ... er-connie/

Makes sense if it is. Also, the US flag resembles the Malaysian flag, although hardly anyone would mistake the two unless the upper left corner had rotted away show only the red white stripes.

Ultimately, I still think the story is fishy and clickbait for these sites trying to get some traffic $$$.
HJ1AN

Callsign: HJ888
Version: 3.4

Postby Johan G » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:46 pm

See also the topic ATSB: Flap section found in Tanzania is from MH370 for the latest news.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby berkut » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Hey everyone.

After watching an interesting documentary,it got me thinking,is it possible to track down any satelite images from the very night the plane has gone missing,and to look for something ,anything that just should not be there and to search both areas,the original rute and the one towards Australia.

Regards
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up...
berkut

Callsign: Berkut
Version: 2017 3 1

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:24 pm

necro posting: true
this is the latest that has appeared in my timeline concerning the search for MH370... this is quite the innovative search technique...
https://www.airlineratings.com/news/sensational-new-finding-mh370-flightpath/

and this one just to add a bit more to the story...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/03/it-will-be-found-search-for-mh370-continues-with-experts-and-amateurs-still-sleuthing
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to Real aviation