Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom-mumble

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: FGCom-mumble

Postby benih » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Released 0.5.0: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... tag/v0.5.0

This release brings some bug fixes and little enhanchements:
  • There is better support for distributed setup of the server side
  • Callsign and frequencies are now reported to the users mumble comment, so its easier to detect if the client has all needed data, and also to match callsigns to mumble user names
  • The plugin now can be configured using an optional ini file
  • The detection of the "special channel" is now configurable, the default value matches all channels starting with "fgcom-mumble"; so a single server can host several "worlds" now
  • A new optional "raw" mode in the Statuspage can display JSON encoded user info, that can easily be digested by third party applications (mp online map?)
  • The Statuspage optionally displays a highscore now (when was the last user peak, and how much users where connected?).
  • Usage statistics can now generated by the Statusbot, which can also be displayed graphically trough the Statuspage (using gnuplot)
  • The plugin updater was reworked so it works more reliable
  • The audio effects have been tuned a bit
  • Internal structure has been cleaned up, the libs are better sorted now
  • Release package is platform independent now (it features both windows and linux plugins); also the updater changed to a "bin-only" package which gets provided from the makefile.

As with the previous versions, you need the lua mumble module compiled for the server side, as well as a build of mumble development branch 1.4.0 with plugin support for the client.
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX

Postby benih » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

For some time now, i had a small java radio gui in the works.
Today i finished refurbishing the commits and uploaded the PR: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/pull/49
This will make testing more easy.

The code compiles to a Jar, that should not have any dependencies outside standard Java libs and so be usable without installing anything besides java.
You can download a preview here: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/f ... review.zip

It is fully workable so far, but probably still contains lots of bugs.

[edit] turned out the gridLayout was the problem. Now it works.
One where i especially need help is the resizing of the JPanel containing the radios: currently removing/adding radios lead to an unordered scrollPane which is not only ugly, but also not user friendly.
I typed my fingers wound trying to figure out how ti fix this, without results.
So if one could lend me a hand, i would be very grateful. The preview above works without the plugin (It just has no receiver then)
benih

Postby benih » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Released 0.6.0: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... ag/v.0.6.0

Aside from various bugfixes, fixed memory leaks and an additional mumble API update, this release features:
  • Static noise volume at bad signal quality conditions have been tuned down further
  • Proper 8.33kHz/25kHz spacing is now modelled. The radios have to supply their spacing mode using the new UDP field `COM<n>_CWKHZ`. This also simulates channel overlap to nearby 8.33 channels if the radio is in 25kHz mode (default is 8.33 radios).
  • The statuspage and mumble comment show the tuned frequency (channel) instead of the calculated real wave frequency now, which makes it more user friendly
  • The UDP and plugin IO interfaces now better check maximum field lengths (32 characters, remainder is truncated)
  • Releases will be debug builds until we reach the 1.0.0 milestone release; this will help in debugging in the field.
  • ...and finally we have a standalone radio GUI client now, that can simulate arbitary radios and even features a map based location picker :)

----
As with the previous versions, as long as mumble 1.4.0 isn't released yet, you need a build of mumble development branch 1.4.0 with plugin support. For the server side you need the lua mumble module compiled.
More details are to be found in the shipped readme files.
benih

Postby benih » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am

We now have a unique logo :) and a wiki page: http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGCom-mumble :
benih

Postby Johan G » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm

Yay! :D A good place for documentation. Did some copy editing on it and some related edits too (see http://wiki.flightgear.org/Special:RecentChanges).
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.2

Postby benih » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:03 pm

Great, Johan, thank you very much!
benih

Postby Johan G » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm

You are welcome. :)

Edit: Also moved the images around in the categories a bit.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.2

Postby lsalvan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi,

will there be a version for Mac ?

Laurent
lsalvan

Callsign: F-PTCZ
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby benih » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:50 pm

lsalvan wrote in Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:20 pm:will there be a version for Mac ?

I have no idea how to compile this and no means to test.
If you can provude me the makefile instructions to build one, i will happily add those.
benih

Postby lsalvan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Ooops, sorry , but i'm afraid i Don't know what you're talking about… i'm not at ease with technical stuff… but thanks anyway
lsalvan

Callsign: F-PTCZ
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby benih » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Maybe some experienced dev can jump in...
benih

Postby www2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 am

He benih can you help me how i can compile mumble 1.4.0 on ubunu i can not load the plugin on ubuntu 20.04
www2

Postby benih » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 am

Sorry, i don’t. I assume mumble needs some more recent librarys.
I also had no luck on debian stable, so maybe the easiest thing would be to run a virtual machine on testing and compile there.
I also had no luck building mumble statically yet. That would also be a solution...
benih

Postby www2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Thanks i see other plugins but not the FGCOM one and compile with no errors on Ubuntu 20.04 :(
www2

Postby benih » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:02 pm

Did you compile the master branch? You need the experimental plugin branch: https://github.com/Krzmbrzl/mumble/tree/plugin-API
benih

PreviousNext

Return to FGCom