Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom-mumble

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: FGCom-mumble

Postby benih » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:31 pm

OK, did a quick test with the echobot and with recent mumble and fgcom-mumble plugin it worked for me.

In one instance, i had to leave and rejoin the channel to get it working, but maybe i made an error in setup my radio gui instances.
Last edited by benih on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:48 pm

benih wrote in Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 am:Maybe the plugin needs to be compiled against the new plugin header file also.

yes, that would make sense if the mumble code has changed or been updated... just like always doing FG, SG, and updating FGData at the same time...
Last edited by wkitty42 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby benih » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:49 pm

The problem is that the mumble branch currently gets forced push updates and there is no backward compatibility maintained - because it’s still in development.

The recent change there brought some added c functions to the header file i need to compile against, and i don’t call/define those functions. I was off the impression that therefore my old binary should work, but that may be wrong.
benih

Postby benih » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Again tested it with latest code (24b9c39 fgcom-mumble and mumble 1.4.0/krzmbrzl 03e7411 "Fix copy&paste error") everything worked fine (the ATIS recording replay bug is still there).

I found out that an important setting in the aduio-recording tab of mumble is "Audio per packet", this needs to be set to 20ms, otherwise the bots will play too fast/to slow.
Otherwise, i played around with some settings and could not reproduce not-audible transmissions with two instances, or the recorder bot.
Seems to be working as exprected from my point of view.
benih

Postby mill-j » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:08 pm

Found a little time for testing. Pull latest sources from mumble and fgcom-mumble. Set up a murmer server on localhost. Same results as your server. My audio packet size is 20ms.

Some notes that suggest it might be my computer. If I start two RadioGUI instances and connect. I can see on the mumble window when the RadioGUI PTT is pushed. Often it's very laggy and very inconsistent, sometimes it doesn't even toggle. However if I run only on instance, there's little too no delay. But with one instance I haven't figured out a way to test if it actually sends something since connecting RadioGUI to the mumble instance crashes mumbla on Android if it's connected to the fgcom-mumble channel.

I'll keep tinkering and maybe we can find time to test together sometime.

Thanks
mill-j

Postby benih » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Maybe you should also watch your computers load. The messaging happens per UDP (both from radioGui/flightgear -> mumble-plugin; as well as the voice packets).
What you see could also be packet loss.
benih

Postby benih » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:54 am

I found out that github builds a windows installer artifact from the azure checks: https://dev.azure.com/Mumble-VoIP/c819e ... format=zip

Have not tried it out yet.
To access, you can go to the branchs pull request page and scroll down. There you can click the "details" tab of the windows check and that leads you to the overview. In the middle you see a grey "View more details on Azure Pipelines" link that yields a "1 artifact produced" link to the EXE.

I did not try that yet, however.

benih

Postby benih » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:59 pm

Some good and bad news:
- i have a brach ready that produces a loading plugin at windows; when compiled without SSL.
- that does start to init, however it does not seem to work further.
- the ssl build dll lacks some ssl dll includes.

I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with the statically dll linkage; and also why the plugin seems to hang itself. It seems to have to do with the udp-server implementation.

Help is much appreciated! We are sooo close...

https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/issues/66
benih

Postby mill-j » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:37 pm

A Windows port would be nice. Not that I use Windows, but my friends do and it would be easier to test/use if it worked on that platform. If I find time I'll have to see what I can do.
Last edited by Johan G on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire preceding post.
mill-j

Postby benih » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:25 pm

YEAH, i made it!

Just merged https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/pull/67 and with that code, i managed to conduct a (pretty boring) conversation with two RadioGUI and mumble instances on my Windows10 system!

We finally have a working windows plugin!

I will do some minor stuff and then make a new release on github.

Meanwhile you can try it with these files: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/p ... -756220938
Mumble snapshot: https://dev.azure.com/Mumble-VoIP/c819e ... format=zip
(You may need the latest mumble snapshot, from the build listed at the bottom of the page: https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/pull/3743 )

Postby benih » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 am

Because the snapshots get deleted regularly, and you need a Github account to see them, i uploaded a snapshot:

- Windows 64bit: http://fgcom.hallinger.org/mumble-1.4.0 ... -win64.zip
- Windows 32bit: http://fgcom.hallinger.org/mumble-1.4.0 ... -win32.zip
benih

Postby benih » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 pm

I added a link to mumble 1.4.0 with plugin branch for Windows 32 bit versions, so this platform could be tested now, too!
:)
benih

Postby benih » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 pm

So just to let you know, i had to update the server today beause of incompatibilities.
That made it worse, so i had to fiddle around quite a bit.

One problem with the latest mumble source is that they removed the bundled poco from their build, so we have to have poco separate. Turns out, debian (testing) does not provide a suitable poco this time. Ubuntu seems to be fine.

For debian i found a workaround. You can easily install poco on your own:
Code: Select all
git clone -b master https://github.com/pocoproject/poco.git
cd poco
mkdir cmake-build
cd cmake-build
cmake ..
cmake --build . --config Release

This will generate a bunch of cmake black-magic.

You then need to tell cmake to use that magic by using a user-repository config file, that is just a one liner pointing to the directory: "<absolute-path-to-wherever-you-where-when-cloning>/poco/cmake-build/Poco/". The file containing this line must live in ~/.cmake/packages/Poco/<name-doesn't-matter>.

Cmake will look at this registry and can then find the needed poco cmake dependencies.
Build mumble as usual.
Last edited by benih on Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benih

Postby benih » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:14 pm

I currently try to restore the server.
I suspect there is something buggy in the latest mumble codebase, however.
benih

Postby benih » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:52 am

Server is up again, and *may* be useful using an older client version.

The current mumble GIT is not working currently, but that's been woeked on already.
benih

PreviousNext

Return to FGCom