Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom-mumble

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: FGCom-mumble

Postby mickybadia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi,
benih wrote in Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:07 am:@mickybadia
Just checked using aaa1674c88.
Still works good!

Sorry I almost missed this note. All good then, thanks a lot.
mickybadia

Postby benih » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 pm

Hi, Volador,
I got it working at win10 64bit.

Can you provide links to the exact downloads you used?

[edit] If you are sure, you downloaded the mumble 1.4.0 with krzmbrzls plugin framework, did you allow mumble to update the snapshot? Because that will fetch an ordinary 1.4.0 dev snapshot from the mainline, and that does not include the plugin framework (yet).
The issue you describe points in the direction that mumble can't see the plugin because it lacks support for it.
The mumble 1.4.0 with plugin framework also will report incompatible plugins in the chat window.
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Postby Volador » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 am

Hi Beni - I think the framework thing could be the issue. I used the Win32 link you provided:
http://fgcom.hallinger.org/Windows%20%2 ... taller.zip
The 64 bit version crashed for mumble
Volador

Callsign: Volador, G-VLDR
Version: 2020.4

Postby benih » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:12 am

If you use the Win32 build, you also need the 32bit plugin. You can't mix 32bit and 64bit in that regard.
Did you try the experimental 32bit version or the ordinary plugin download?

The 32bit plugin build is not yet tested, so this may also have issues; but you can grab the latest test version here: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/p ... -556215106

So please try to keep the working mumble 32bit version, and install the 32bit plugin build with it.

If this works, that would be cool, because then i can merge the 32bit compatibility of the plugin into the mainline... :P
benih

Postby Volador » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Hi Benih

I think I've got the 32bit version installed now (sorry I've not had much time recently), I'll cross my fingers and hope it'll work if there is anyone around this evening - there are a few of us flying from NGFU to NGTA 6:30pm UTC - screens and chat on https://meet.jit.si/FGWorldTour as a backup - anyone is welcome to join this leg (bring an airliner and some snacks)
Volador
Volador

Postby benih » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi there, cool!
I look at the status page and see if i can join with the radioGUI (no idea how to fly an airliner, but for the radio concerns, that does not matter)
benih

Postby benih » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:15 pm

I now added the 32bit windows build to the main build chain.

@Volador:
  • please grab the latest plugin release package fgcom-mumble-client-0.10.0.zip here: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... g/v.0.10.0
  • extract it and:
    • install the updated fgfs protocol file fgcom-mumble.xml
    • grab the fgcom-mumble-x86_32.dll and install it to the mumble plugins folder
    • while at it: make sure, you have only one fgcom*dll in there

That should fix the mumble freezing issues you had while testing
(the workaround is like we did: Start mumble / deactivate the plugin / join server fgcom.hallinger.org / switch to the fgcom-mumble channel / activate plugin).
benih

Postby Volador » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:00 pm

@Benih - thank you for the links, I'll try if I get time :)
Volador
Volador

Postby benih » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:40 pm

Released 0.11.0: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... g/v.0.11.0
This release brings some exciting new features:

• New and easy installation procedure:
    • New mumble plugin instructions: The latest mumble 1.4.0 snapshots allow to install the FGCom-mumble plugin from the plugin dialog!
    • The FlightGear integration was simplified: Just add the new Addon to your launcher!
  • RadioGUI can now act as a bridge to SimConnect (thus supporting P3D, MSFS2020, FSX, ...)
  • Some internal improvements now feature automated unit tests for the radio model and GitHub CodeQL updates

Especially the new installation procedure is much more easy than before:
  • I updated the mumble snapshots linked from the yellow box in the FGCom-mumble wiki entry.
    Just grab the latest mumble snapshot for your operating system and install it (don't accept the proposed snapshot update from mumble!)
  • grab the latest plugin release and unzip it to a suitable location of your choice.
  • open mumble and go to the settings/plugin page; mumble provides a new button to easily install the plugin - just point it to the client ZIP release :)
    After installation, activate it from the plugin list.
    Then finally connect mumble to mumble://fgcom.hallinger.org/fgcom-mumble
  • Start FGFS and add the releases `fgfs` folder as addon :) This will automatically invoke the protocol (you can alter it's settings in the new multiplayer-menu entry)

Upgrading Info:
  • If you already had the mumble plugin installed, mumble should prompt to fetch the new version.
    This is only successful with the new mumble snapshot, the older ones had a bug.
  • If you had the fgfs protocol installed, you can remove it if you intend to use the new addon-integration (which i suggest, because updating that is much more easy in the future)
benih

Postby benih » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 am

A bug with the new FlightGear addon was spotted which prevented the protocol file from beeing loaded properly.

If you used the addon approach, grab the patch here:
https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... 0.11.1.zip

https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/releases/tag/v.0.11.1 wrote:#94: The protocol file was not at the right spot for the addon to load it, resulting in no connection between FlightGear and the FGCom-mumble plugin. Thank you colingeniet for spotting this!

Everything else stayed the same, so you just need this if you are using the protocol file in FlightGear with the addon method.
In this case, download the addon zip and overwrite/extract the contents of the 0.11.0 release fgfs folder that is added to FlightGears launcher.

_________
Another good message is that the mumble plugin framework is in its last review steps and will probably "soon" be merged into the master branch.
That will allow us to use ordinary+official nightly builds of the next mumble, no need to self compile or use custom builds anymore.
benih

Postby benih » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:17 pm

Good news!
https://github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/p ... -819724926

The mumble developer Robert is currently in the final stage of cleaning the plugin-framework branch up to be merged into master.
This makes it one step closer to get this as stable release; the next step at least allows us to use ordinary mumble nightlys which might make it easier to test this out.
benih

Postby benih » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 pm

That was quick!
The plugin framework was just merged and this arrived in the mumble 1.4.0 mainline.

If you self compiled, you should now switch over to build the usual 1.4.0 master or use the normal mumble nightly snapshots:
https://dev.azure.com/Mumble-VoIP/Mumbl ... nitionId=6
benih

Postby Johan G » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:59 pm

With a mumble nightly (1.4.0_2021-04-17_gbaedddd_snapshot) and the latest two releases of FGCom-mumble (v.0.11.0 and v.0.11.1) I managed to have successful echo tests of both the radios in the Saab JA37Di Viggen from GitHub (with sound returning and both radios appearing on http://fgcom.hallinger.org/). :D

Failed the first attempt, but realized that it might work better if I also run mumble. :oops: :lol:

I do not get the FGCom-mumble radioGUI to work though. With Java freshly updated it still complain that some libraries are several versions too old:
Code: Select all
java -jar FGCom-mumble-radioGUI.jar
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: hbeni/fgcom_mumble/radioGUI has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby benih » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 am

I managed to have successful echo tests of both the radios in the Saab JA37Di Viggen from GitHub

Nice to hear!

I do not get the FGCom-mumble radioGUI to work though. With Java freshly updated it still complain that some libraries are several versions too old

It complains, that the Jar has more recent bytecode than your java version can handle.
I compiled it with openjdk 11. Which java version do you use?
benih

Postby Johan G » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 am

benih wrote in Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 am:Which java version do you use?

Code: Select all
>java -version
java version "1.8.0_281"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_281-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.281-b09, mixed mode)

Edit:

It seems to be the recomended one here: https://java.com/en/download/
64-bit Java for Windows
Recommended Version 8 Update 281 (filesize: 79.68 MB)
Release date January 19, 2021

Looks like OpenJDK is 8 versions ahead (Java SE 16)!?!

I am a bit confused.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

PreviousNext

Return to FGCom