Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom not working on Mac

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

FGCom not working on Mac

Postby kruze712 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Hey there. I'm new to FG. Just downloaded and installed FG 3 (2018.3.2). When I enable fgcom, I hear a "clicking" sound every 3-4 seconds, and then my window crashes. When I press Space, the PTT seems to respond (while the dialogue box is opened). But Echo Test does not work. I am using bluetooth AirPods.

I'm using FG on MacBok Pro 13" 2.6GHz i5 8GB DDR3 with SSD. Running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4.

Any ideas?
kruze712

Re: FGCom not working on Mac

Postby peace7@fg.com » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:34 am

It all went fine until you mentioned Airpods for no reason at all.

P.S. I'm on a mac too, use the comm settings to dial in the frequency and then press space to contact an ATC or another player
peace7@fg.com

Postby fdmarco3 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:23 am

Sorry for reviving an old post, but I have the same problem. Fgcom echo test not working on mac.
fdmarco3

Postby TheKezStrel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 am

By the looks of it, the original FGCOM sever has died and the original maintainer has gone dark.

In my spare time, I am trying to build an up to date one that should handle the current frequency list without needing extra software that should be compatible with built in FGCom and FGCom Standalone without need of code changes for the voice clients, just a couple of lines added to Flightgear's launcher or FGCom standalone to point to a different voice server.

Once the build is stable and useable I will ask that my voice server be put into the next release of Flightgear.

In the meantime, Benih has a viable alternative with FGCom-Mumble. Check his work out!
Currently developer of the new FGCOM server. Testing server fgcom.ddns.net is available. Select fgcom.ddns.net in the MULTIPLAYER/FGCOM Dialog box in FlightGear.
TheKezStrel

Callsign: G-P1CK
Version: 2020.3.19

Return to FGCom