Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCOM questions no mic and no live status

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

FGCOM questions no mic and no live status

Postby Eskimo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi
I tried to use FGCOM for the first time together with a friend. (we use the built in version of FGCOM)
We followed the wiki page about testing/using fgcom. Testing with echo test went well on both pc's. Therefore I assume that the hardware (both headsets) is o.k.
On both planes C-172, we use the same frequency. If I press space, mi friend can hear my voice. But if he tries to speak with pressed space, I do not hear anything. (I didn't press my space bar anymore when he tried to talk...) The FGCOM test shows that his space bar is working as PTT button.

Second question is about the FGCOM live status page. If someone has set up FGCOM and enabled it, will he then be visible on the live status page automatically?

Has anyone an idea what we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any tips Eskimo

PS: About the two pc's involved...

PC A:
Windows 10 and flightgear version 2017.3.1

PC B:
Linux and flightgear version 2017.4.0
Eskimo

Re: FGCOM questions no mic and no live status

Postby Eskimo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 am

Over the weekend I tested it again and replaced the linux machine with a windows pc. FGCOM was working as expected. I didnt test the live status page though.
Not sure now, if the different version or os was the problem...
Eskimo

Postby mickybadia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am

I remember reporting an empty status page more than once in the past, and then it came back up. So my guess is that something needs to be restarted for that web page, but that the server is still working.
mickybadia

Postby Eskimo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Mickybadia, thanks for your answer. Then I will wait for a restart.
Eskimo

Return to FGCom