Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom 3.5 & Openradar

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: FGCom 3.5 & Openradar

Postby elgaton » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm not in touch with the FGCom server maintainer but I can give you a few pointers:
daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am:Can FG (the network) work with more than One FGCom server ? (if users are connected on 2 differents server on the same freq, can they talk to each other)

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am:Where can i found documentation to requirement for a FGCom server ? (bandwith, hardware ...etc) and where can i have the documentation for installing and configuring FGCom Server.

You will need a server (preferably Linux-based) that can run Asterisk; unfortunately, I don't have any specific requirements regarding bandwidth. The documentation for installing and configuring FGCom is here on the wiki.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby daweed » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:36 pm

elgaton wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:07 pm:I'm not in touch with the FGCom server maintainer but I can give you a few pointers:
daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am:Can FG (the network) work with more than One FGCom server ? (if users are connected on 2 differents server on the same freq, can they talk to each other)

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am:Where can i found documentation to requirement for a FGCom server ? (bandwith, hardware ...etc) and where can i have the documentation for installing and configuring FGCom Server.

You will need a server (preferably Linux-based) that can run Asterisk; unfortunately, I don't have any specific requirements regarding bandwidth. The documentation for installing and configuring FGCom is here on the wiki.

Yeah, i will not run on Windows, i own some server (ovh & 1&1) under CentOs
thanks for reply, but the most important stay open : can FG work with more than one FGCom server, and can 2 players not connected on the same server but on the same freq can talk to each other ....

I can spend time to set infra for an another FGCom server, but it need to be sure that will work with two or more server before invest myself in this project.

Best regards
Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby Saga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Hello!

In the current configuration, with 2 FGCom server, they won't be able to communicate together. But I'm convinced that it's possible. We could add different fgcom servers in the dropdown list and modify the Asterisk configuration so that channels be interconnected. Not simple but possible I guess.

This is a great idea!

This repo can help you too.
Host and maintainer of fgcom.flightgear.org.
Saga

Callsign: F-G0z
Version: Git next

Postby daweed » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Hello Saga

I just read (quickly) documentation, two server can talk to each other, configuration is needed, but i think too it is possible ... i need to read more.

BTW, i encounter a problem

Could u (i you have access to the FGCom server) tell me what is the asterisk version that is install..

Wiki talk about asterisk16 :

yum install asterisk16 asterisk16-configs asterisk16-voicemail failed :

No package asterisk16 available.
No package asterisk16-configs available.
No package asterisk16-voicemail available.

I browse repo and i could only find (from editor repo) the version 11, 12 and 13, 13 is the higher version availble (i am always talking about editor repo ) for CentOS 6

Before installing, could u tell me if the first server in version 16 will be compatible with the 13 version

I am agree to install a new FGCom instance, ready to make test.
=> we could in the most bad case, let the server "sleeping" and use it as failover if the first one crash.

Best regards.

Daweed
FG Interface

daweed

Postby Saga » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:30 pm

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm:Could u (i you have access to the FGCom server) tell me what is the asterisk version that is install..

I installed the version 13.4 from source because I needed a new feature.

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm:Wiki talk about asterisk16 :

Actually, this page is not up-to-date.

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm:=> we could in the most bad case, let the server "sleeping" and use it as failover if the first one crash.

Good idea!
Saga

Postby Johan G » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:55 pm

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:22 pm:=> we could in the most bad case, let the server "sleeping" and use it as failover if the first one crash.

Saga wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:30 pm:Good idea!

For now that would probably need either manual intervention or a Nasal "watchdog" script to change the URL to the backup server.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby daweed » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:08 am

@ Saga
Thks for information, so we are going to start to 13.4 version
I ll check what to get to go from sources and not from rpm package.

@Johan G
i don't now nasal as much to write a failover script, i was thinking about a Nagios solution with update dns record script.
=> but i am open to nasal if u can write , explain to me where and what to do with Nasal
FG Interface

daweed

Postby mickybadia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:04 pm

No. FGMS servers work that way because they relay packets between one another, whereas FGCom is a centralised service as far as I know. I personally see no need to copy that behaviour for radio communications, but a choice of servers could make general service access more robust.

daweed wrote in Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:43 am:Where can i found documentation to requirement for a FGCom server ? (bandwith, hardware ...etc) and where can i have the documentation for installing and configuring FGCom Server. I probably can provide online private server, but i need to check that requirement match with what is needed

You should probably start a new thread in this forum to discuss the above or get informed answers about this. Also, contact Saga who is the current (and rather new) maintainer. He will know, and you will be able to see if and how you can assist?
mickybadia

Postby vector » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Kevin, in your message this summer you talk about a fix (commit c365c3) for fgcom which is committed to the 3.6 branch of FG. So you talk about the fgcom code included in flightgear, not the standalone fgcom client (the one used by ATC-pie and OpenRadar). Do you also have a fix for the standalone fgcom client program? I can't find it in svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/fgcom/code/trunk/.

Thanks
vector

Version: git

Postby Saga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 am

Hello vector,

Actually the fgcom standalone client and the built-in client are in the same repository. The one you mentioned is no longer used.

I think that the previous versions of ATC-pie and OpenRadar have used the sources I linked just here.
Saga

Postby vector » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:43 am

Of course, you're right Kevin, my bad :)

Maybe we could ask the devels to include a nightly build of the standalone (utils/fgcom) client so that it would be available for ATC-pie, OpenRadar and any other client that still needs the binary to connect to fgcom. What do you guys think of that?
vector

Postby vector » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:47 am

Replying to myself, it looks like I lag a lot these days :-)

We already have the binaries compiled on Jenkins: http://build.flightgear.org:8080/ -> FGCom, FGCom-Mac, FGCom-Win
vector

Previous

Return to FGCom