Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

fgcom.flightgear.org + FGCom 3.0 : bug reports

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: fgcom.flightgear.org + FGCom 3.0 : bug reports

Postby F-JJTH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Well FGCom 3.0 has all frequencies working fine :)
FGCom 3.0 COMES with FlightGear :)
FGCom 3.0 will be released with FlightGear 3.0 on 17th february ( just 3 days to wait now :) )

For information FlightGear 3.0 RC are available since some weeks, of course FGCom 3.0 RC is included in it. Did you tried FG 3.0 RC ? and FGCom 3.0 RC too ?

Regards,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby de profundis » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Hello Clément,

I am having some issues with FGCOM in FlightGear v3.0 (standard/official release with windows 7):

i) via the FG Wizard > Advanced Options > Network > FGCom Options, selecting "FGCom standalone" automatically creates the comand line: --generic=socket,out,2,localhost,16661,udp,fgcom
so my first question is why only 2 Hz ?

ii) I select to disable FGCom from the FG Wizard menu mentioned above and create a comand line with the FG Wizard > Advanced Options > Input/Output menu (like I used to do before FG v3.0 - this is described in http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGCom_3.0#FAQ).
now the problem is that I do not see the "fgcom" option in the dropdown list for the "Generic" box.
one more thing is that, in the FAQ at the wiki page, you suggest using "Hostname : 127.0.0.1" (instead of "localhost")

iii) finaly, if I choose to enable FGCom from inside the game via the Multiplayer > FGCom menu, it doesn't give me the option to change FGCom server.

so the few times I have used FGCom 3.0 so far, that was by selecting "FGCom standalone" in FG wizard and I got bad results - always "hanging up call" message in the FGCom window after a while

s'il vous plaît aider notre belle fgcom :cry:
Michalis
Cross Country Tutorial II - a VFR guide all that's VFR and more...!
de profundis

Callsign: SX-ATM M-J4MC
Version: 3.4

Postby F-JJTH » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi,

why only 2 Hz ?

Because sending data twice per second ( = 2 Hertz) is largely enough.
You are not going to tune your radio twice per second right ? Also you are not pressing/releasing your PTT twice per second, right ? (I wonder how many words it's possible to say within 500ms...)
So 2 Hz is largely enough.

I do not see the "fgcom" option in the dropdown list for the "Generic" box

Well the wiki says:
Since FlightGear 3.0 you can select "FGCom standalone" in the FlightGear Launcher > Advanced > Network section else:

If I understand correctly you are a FG 3.0 user, right ? So you don't need to set the line manually (in other words you are not in the "else" case), you just have to check the "FGCom standalone" line, easy and efficient.
Isn't it easier to check a line instead of setting a lot of parameters ? I'm part of peoples saying "Easier is better".

it doesn't give me the option to change FGCom server

If you want to use another server you just need to add a command line: --prop:/sim/fgcom/server=your.server.com

But keep in mind that most of user are using fgcom.flightgear.org (just look at the statistic http://fgcom.flightgear.org/stat.php )
If you use another server you will certainly hit the <<Hey ! there is nobody connected ! nobody to talk with :( FGCom is died !? >>
In fact there is a lot of people using FGCom but they are all connected on fgcom.flightgear.org

For information, up today, fgcom.flightgear.org is almost at 20 000 connections ! And the number of cumulative time since the server is up is more than 133 continuous days !
fgcom.flightgear.org is definitely the server that you want to use if you expect to talk with other user/ATC.

Kind regards,
Clément
F-JJTH

Postby EL-LOKO » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Can anybody help me to set up an fgcom server? I have a tiny one but can not to set up phonebook scripts.
EL-LOKO

Postby Saga » Fri May 15, 2015 5:31 pm

EL-LOKO wrote in Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 pm:Can anybody help me to set up an fgcom server? I have a tiny one but can not to set up phonebook scripts.

Yeah, of course but start a new topic, I'll be glad to help you there.

Status of FGCom

As you might know, I'm the new maintainer of the FGCom server. And now, I'll give you news here as my predecessor had done previously.

What's new since last few days?

The status page has migrated from a ugly PHP code to a pretty Django/Python web app.

Since I know Django, I took the advantage of the situation.
The migration was not easy because I had to implement a client for AMI (Asterisk Manager Interface) with sockets. But now, we have a solid base for future developments.

The source code is available here: https://github.com/KevinSeroux/FGCom_Status. This way, unlike before, anyone will be able to contribute to the status page. And it won't be lost.
Host and maintainer of fgcom.flightgear.org.
Saga

Callsign: F-G0z
Version: Git next

Previous

Return to FGCom