Board index FlightGear Support Tools FGCom

FGCom-mumble

FGCom is a realtime voice communication system specially designed for FlightGear.

Re: FGCom-mumble

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:31 pm

no, i don't think you can fix the cache thing on your end... i mean, i'm seeing it, too, so it seems to be related to the URLs being used... i think you need to check the map code you have and update it to newer stuff... i don't know where you got the code but the mapbox people should be able to help since it is their maps and URLs being used... it might be as simple as getting a new API key but i really don't know... i honestly suspect there's new URLs and new API at play and the old stuff has been disabled...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby benih » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:31 pm

One thing i found is that the map on the status page seems to be broken: https://fgcom.hallinger.org

Fixed that with the latest commit.
Reason was indeed a wrong API key, i switched to the official openstreetmap source for now.

Maybe this is a good thing to make configurable for the future...

Anyhow the map seems to be working again :)
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:50 pm

benih wrote in Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:31 pm:
One thing i found is that the map on the status page seems to be broken: https://fgcom.hallinger.org

Fixed that with the latest commit.
Reason was indeed a wrong API key, i switched to the official openstreetmap source for now.

i'm glad to hear you found the problem... i hope my small offering was of some help...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby benih » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:57 pm

Indeed it was and saved me a ton of time by pointing me straight to the probable (and as it turned out, actual) cause!

Thank you again!
benih

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:44 pm

you're quite welcome! :)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby benih » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:46 pm

Sorry, but due to a debian upgrade to PHP 8.7 the statuspage is broken.
It just shows an empty page, and I don't know why yet.

FGCom-mumble still should work, at least i was able to quickly connect.

EDIT: Fixed it. Reason was that PHP 8 introduced __construct constructors and that was throwing a E_DEPRECATED.
benih

Postby Johan G » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:23 pm

There are currently some errors on the top of the status page (https://fgcom.hallinger.org/), possibly related to the PHP upgrade:
Warning: Undefined array key "frequency" in /home/beni/fgcom-mumble/server/statuspage/index.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "frequency" in /home/beni/fgcom-mumble/server/statuspage/index.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "frequency" in /home/beni/fgcom-mumble/server/statuspage/index.php on line 255

Warning: Undefined array key "frequency" in /home/beni/fgcom-mumble/server/statuspage/index.php on line 255

Warning: Undefined array key "highscore_clients" in /home/beni/fgcom-mumble/server/statuspage/index.php on line 293
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby benih » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:28 pm

Thank you, i think that was due to a lib upgrade causing the bots to produce memory overflows at some point.

I just recompiled mumble-server (to version 5.x) and the lua mumble module to the latest version.

bots seem to run fine and produce the expected database format.
benih

Postby benih » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:02 am

I have a branch in the works to switch from OpenSSL1 to OpenSSL3.

For that I have some questions specially targeted to Mac users:
1. Is someone willing to test MacOS against a build against OpenSSL3?
2. What is the default SSL lib in MacOS >=12 "Ventura"? And how does all that update stuff works in macOS in general (is 12 just shipped with new devices, or do you update your already owned one to 12 too?)?
3. Is there a "default" shipped SSL lib in macOS, and if yes, which?

My current plan is to release the next FGCom-mumble against OpenSSL1, and then release again against OpenSSL3 without raising the version number (so the updater won't complain).
For Windows thats not a problem at all, because we link statically, but linux and mac users need to upgrade their openSSL installation for the plugin to work.
Is that a problem?
benih

Postby benih » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:00 am

Released 1.2.0
https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/r ... ag/v.1.2.0

Alot of new stuff is coming with this release, so check out the release notes :)

Most notably, we have a new Intercom system that hooks into flightgears copilot module (so when connected to a pilot/copilot, you can push CTRL+SPACE to talk to each other on intercom).

Also, I prepared the switch to OpenSSLv3 (windows version is *not* affected linux and mac probably need manual intervention on your side):
- This release is the last to support OpenSSLv1
- At the release page you can download the plugin 1.0.3 also compiled with OpenSSLv3, and you need to manually install this version.
- If you do nothing, the next release updater may download a version against v3 and if you don't have that installed, it will break your plugin and/or mumble.
So, Mac and linux users, please try out the OpenSSLv3 build and report back :)
benih

Postby Volador » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:46 am

Looking forward to trying it out some more beni, btw the popup to inform of the new version crashed fg on one occasion and on another left a glitchy outline of the popup on the screen until clicked (Windows 10, next from a few weeks ago)
Volador

Callsign: Volador, G-VLDR
Version: 2020.4

Postby benih » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:12 pm

Thanks for the report, Chris;
however i was never able to see this myself :(

If it occurs again, can you try to reproduce?

The code for this is straightforward and standard code: https://github.com/hbeni/fgcom-mumble/b ... #L264-L271
So if this bugs, it is worth posting as bug to the mailing list...
benih

Postby Volador » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:31 pm

I'll report after I've done the update, suspect it might be a graphics card issue as there have been other non fg glitches.
Volador

Callsign: Volador, G-VLDR
Version: 2020.4

Postby benih » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:40 am

Volador wrote in Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:31 pm:suspect it might be a graphics card issue as there have been other non fg glitches.

Das ist nicht gut :D
benih

Postby Johan G » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:29 pm

I tried the latest release, but unfortunately it worked only once, while trying it from the FGCom-mumble Radio GUI.

When trying it in FlightGear I get this in the log:
Code: Select all
   27.87 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble  local version 1.2.0 is up-to-date (upstream release: 1.2.0)
  [...]
  323.86 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar initializing
  323.86 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar adding /instrumentation/comm (COM1)
  323.86 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar adding /instrumentation/comm[1] (COM2)
  323.86 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar adding /instrumentation/comm[2] (COM3)
  323.86 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar skipping /addons/by-id/org.hallinger.flightgear.FGCom-mumble/intercom/IC
  325.46 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: pushing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  326.42 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: releasing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  327.09 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: pushing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  328.69 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: releasing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  346.25 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: pushing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  348.56 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: releasing COM1 /instrumentation/comm/ptt
  355.32 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble: combar closed
  [...]
  633.58 [INFO]:nasal      Addon FGCom-mumble shutdown protocol...
  633.58 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: removelistener() with invalid listener id
  633.58 [ALRT]:nasal        at C:/Users/view-/FlightGear/Add-ons/FGCom-mumble//addon-main.nas, line 167
  633.58 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/view-/FlightGear/Add-ons/FGCom-mumble//addon-main.nas, line 184
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

PreviousNext

Return to FGCom