Board index FlightGear Support Tools Atlas

Another call for map help

Atlas is an addon that lets FlightGear users display a real-time "moving-map" of their flight.

Another call for map help

Postby alex70 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Toshiba Satellite C50t-B-110
Windows 10
FlightGear 2016.2.1
Atlas-0.3.1

Dear FG simmers,

I'm VERY new to FG and this forum, as I've been an MSFS addict from the old days of FS4 up to current FSX, but have decided to change sides, leave MSFS for good and try to feel at home with FG as quickly as possible.

However trying to get
Code (): Select all
Atlas
moving maps installed properly still seems a problem I won't get solved myself.
1)
I'm puzzled by how to get Atlas installed properly, as it comes as a *.tar.gz which would still be a *.tar when installed by default. What about the *.tar: Where should that be unpacked to?
2)
There is no "/bin/win32". Does it mean "not yet", or what is he reasonf for that?
3)
Is it okay that I installed FlightGear unter its installation name "FlightGear 2016.2.1", or should change or reinstall it to simply "FlightGear"?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance - alex70.
alex70

Re: Another call for map help

Postby PINTO » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Atlas is dead. (Long live Atlas!)
You'd be better off using the phi map, or logging into multiplayer and using the multiplayer map.
Phi: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Phi
MP Map: http://mpmap02.flightgear.org/?fg_server=mpserver01,mpserver01.flightgear.org,5001
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby elgaton » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi and welcome!

Regarding your third question:
alex70 wrote in Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm:Is it okay that I installed FlightGear unter its installation name "FlightGear 2016.2.1", or should change or reinstall it to simply "FlightGear"?

That's perfectly fine, it makes no difference to FlightGear.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby alex70 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks everybody!

My central problem was solved about five minutes after I had sent off my call for help: I had extracted the Atlas
tar.gz
-version, because at that time I had my Kubuntu distro activated, not Windows. I then had decided to reinstall LG under Windows mainly because of the size of that partition. In short: The
exe
-version did what I had wanted Atlas to do. Nevertheless things do NOT work our smoothly yet. Therefore: Thanks especiallyfor the phi- and multiplayer advice...
alex70

Return to Atlas